PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioner Spare Parts Margin

Smart1234
21-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Can anybody give me a idea of the profit margins in the Air Conditioner Spare Parts (Replacement Components) Market in UK/Germany/Europe?

For example by how much % does a company like Carrier/Mitsubishi/Samsung etc jack up the prices of its spare part (like compressor, coil) over its manufacturing cost.

I believe that the companies sell their new air conditioning units at a low margin. However, they charge a huge mark-up on the spare parts during the after-sales service.

beagle
21-08-2009, 03:51 PM
I believe that the companies sell their new air conditioning units at a low margin. However, they charge a huge mark-up on the spare parts during the after-sales service.

Yep, 40-50%

Brian_UK
21-08-2009, 11:01 PM
Why?

How much do you want to charge extra for your spare parts?

Smart1234
24-08-2009, 05:29 AM
Why?

How much do you want to charge extra for your spare parts?

I don't want to charge anything extra, i am just curious to know the facts.

Correct me if am wrong
First the manufacturers sell the spare parts to the wholesalers like HRP at margin of about 15-20%.
Then the wholesalers mark-up the prices at least by 20-25%.

Why can't the spare parts get cheaper ? Why do companies need to charge so much extra ?

Thermatech
24-08-2009, 07:45 AM
Storage costs

Air conditioning units like split systems or VRF systems indoor units & outdoor units will only be stored at wearhouse for the shortest possible time & any old stock can be discounted to move it after a few months of storage to keep storage cost at minimum.

Spare parts although smaller size have to be stored for much longer periods of time & the manufacturer has to provide spare parts by law so there is not much scope for reducing storage cost.

Most air conditioning contracors & large endusers demand next day delivery of spare parts & failure to comply will have a negative impact on the sales from these important customers.

Therefore the manufacturers & distributors can use spare part availabilty as sales tool but at the extra cost of storage.

Air Bear
28-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Air con suppliers make next to nothing on kit, 12% mark up is usual, That may sound alot but when you consider storage, sales support, technical back-up etc the margin is all but gone. Spare parts are a way to claw back some profit, and remember suppliers are not regestered charities. 50-100% can be the norm.

Yuri B.
28-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Vendors/representatives/distributors holding grasp of spare parts are actual holders of sevices - we depend on them entirely. And consider yourself happy to have such ones - probably, even competing with each other in your big countries (India, UK, etc) - ready to sell you the wanted spare parts.

jiker
05-07-2010, 11:11 AM
We are greatly honoured and concern in some of your products mentioned and we are also interested in having a busin ess relationship with your reputable organisation.We were introduced about your company by the Business Section Of the German Embasyy and we have found out how reputed your Company is. We are importers, Marketers in al ...