PDA

View Full Version : TEV's Hissing but no cold

PaulJames
20-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Ok, so I went to this freezer on a boat, had 3 holding plates piped in series with 1 TEV trying to do all 3 with R22. The system was not freezing and had been heavily over gassed. I reduced the gassing down to a sensible level and managed to get two of the plates freezing. The owner wanted all 3 plates freezing so I changed the pipework so 2 plates were in series and the third in parallel with its own TEV. vac'd it down gassed it up, switched it on got a lovely hissing but no cold.... I am now officialy stuck.

Can anyone tell me what I may have done wrong?

Gary
20-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Ok, so I went to this freezer on a boat, had 3 holding plates piped in series with 1 TEV trying to do all 3 with R22. The system was not freezing and had been heavily over gassed. I reduced the gassing down to a sensible level and managed to get two of the plates freezing. The owner wanted all 3 plates freezing so I changed the pipework so 2 plates were in series and the third in parallel with its own TEV. vac'd it down gassed it up, switched it on got a lovely hissing but no cold.... I am now officialy stuck.

Can anyone tell me what I may have done wrong?

The TEV can only control the flow of liquid into the evaporator if there is liquid for it to control. Is there liquid at the TEV inlet? If not why not?

Peter_1
20-08-2009, 09:26 PM
2 plates in serial and one in parallel.. where you then connected the bulb?
What about the very unequal unbalance you have now?
What's your SH and evaporating temperature?
Why you changed it (3 plates in serial with each other)
It's the hissing that botters me.

tonyelian
21-08-2009, 08:14 PM
hi
how did u dtermine the sensible level
with lack of info no body can help
u mention nothing about ur suction temp&pressure condensing temp&pressure subcooling superheat
maybe the excessive gas has damage compressor valves so please more info more help