PDA

View Full Version : calibrating slide valve on rxf control pannel

marley
19-08-2009, 04:52 AM
I'm new to screw compressors, today i had to an alarm on a frick screw rxf control panel, the alarm page displayed "unload alarm" the comp display read the slide valve was loaded 13% so I disconnected the slide valve cable connection to trick the compressor into starting. it started I needed to calibrate the slide valve, I no have manuals can anybody give some pointers on how to calibrate this slide valve.

CanadianIce
19-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Hi Marley

What microprocessor is on this compressor? Quantum, Quantum LX.

marley
21-08-2009, 05:03 AM
Canadian ice,
hi, the processor is quantum. thanks

CanadianIce
30-08-2009, 01:37 PM
Hi Marley

Sorry for the delay in replying, I was on the road and just got back.

Start the compressor and manually set the slide stop to 2.2 position and leave in manual. Press Menu then Calibration then OK. Unload compressor until the voltage on the screen stops decreasing then set that as the 0% position. Load the compressor until the voltage stops increasing, then set that as the 100% position. Run through this procedure a few times to make sure all is satisfactory. Press OK then go back the the Home screen. Set both the Slide Valve and the Slide Stop to Auto and your done.
Note... There was a version of software for the 4.5 series that had trouble with this calibration. After the calibration was complete and the Vi increased to 5.0, the Slide Valve would only load to around 97% and the load solenoid would continue pulsing. The compressor was actually fully loaded at 100% but it showed only 90 some %. When the Vi decresed to 2.2, everything would read fine. The old Plus panels allowed you to tune this out with potentiometers but Quantum uses its software. There is a software upgrade available to fix the problem but most people seem to opt not to purchase it.

Hope this helps

C Ice

CanadianIce
30-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I see I forgot one thing. After you press Menu, Calibration and OK, you then need to press Slide Valve but not Slide Vavle Position.

C Ice

marley
30-08-2009, 06:26 PM
c ice,
thanks, the info that you gave me will help me a lot, I now have to deal with quite a few frick quantums in my new job, thank you Marley