PDA

View Full Version : Blass chiller and compressor rack

Kaka
19-08-2009, 04:21 AM
Hi.. I am newby and new in HVAC. Cananyone tech me what is a blast chiller and compressor rack!?

Been hearing this.. but still could not put them into pieces what they actually do

D.D.KORANNE
19-08-2009, 10:50 AM
1) blast chiller : Chilling of products by a low temp blast of air .usually for quiuck freezing of marine products , freshly manufactured icecream etc.

2) rack : Multiple compressors installed on a common platform , base . Advantages of rck ; you can cover vast capacity ranges by few compressors , optimal control & capabilty for high energy efficiency , back up capacity available in the event of one comp failure , easy start up characteristics .

Kaka
19-08-2009, 04:24 PM
Does this means that a compressor rack system can be a blast chiller application right?

nike123
19-08-2009, 04:55 PM
Does this means that a compressor rack system can be a blast chiller application right?

Not usually!

Mostly used in supermarket display cases applications.

Blast chiller usually need full capacity all the time.

Kaka
19-08-2009, 05:50 PM
thanks all... i hv a clearer picture now!

Peter_1
20-08-2009, 07:10 AM
1) blast chiller : Chilling of products by a low temp blast of air .usually for quiuck freezing of marine products , freshly manufactured icecream etc.

2) rack : Multiple compressors installed on a common platform , base . Advantages of rck ; you can cover vast capacity ranges by few compressors , optimal control & capabilty for high energy efficiency , back up capacity available in the event of one comp failure , easy start up characteristics .
And to add to this very correct description, a blast chiller can have a rack/pack as its 'compressor system'
A blast chiller is the cold room where the products are stored and the rack or the compressor is the compressor system connected to it.

Kaka
20-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Thanks everyone for explaining to me.. guess i still have alot to learn ahead of me!