PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi heavy FDTA201

spimps
18-08-2009, 06:52 PM
FDTA201 is the indoor number.
After cleaning filter and then running to check temps I clipped my temp sensor onto louvre and shortly after wards it came up error 0-5which according to
codes on out door unit is a communicatiobn error between units.
Went toi outdoor unit and rotated switch off to on but this seems to have caused more probs in that the hard wired remote is showing two hand with WAIT in between and 04 and 09 either side.
Don't have ant Mitsi experience and no installation/service manuals around.
Any ideas please or does anyone have a manual for this one which would be appreciated.
THKS
BG

Brian_UK
18-08-2009, 11:30 PM
And the outdoor unit is a what ?

spimps
19-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Sorry outdoor no is FDCVA201HEN,we did also use coil cleaner on the evap,any chance of cleaner ingress into electrics?.s/n 56600385VF
I tried pressing a few buttons to reset the first fault code 05 but in desperation it seems i have locked it up somehow.

nike123
19-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Turn the main supply power OFF and after 5min turn ON then check error code.
Before that, check all connectors are on right place and firmly inserted.
Then post your findings about remote control display, indoor and outdoor unit led lights blinking patterns.

S_Line
19-08-2009, 03:30 PM
That little hand seems to last forever dosent it.

spimps
20-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Turn the main supply power OFF and after 5min turn ON then check error code.
Before that, check all connectors are on right place and firmly inserted.
Then post your findings about remote control display, indoor and outdoor unit led lights blinking patterns.
Checked all connectors pre test and then switched off for 5 mins as advised,the only led flashing is the green one on the indoor unit,no flashing on outdoor.
As I mentioned the remote seems locked up with WAIT on it inbetween 2 hands and 04 and 09 above that on the display.

BritCit_Juve
21-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Hi
Check the voltage between terminal 2 and terminal 3 on the interconnecting wiring. You should have a fluctuating DC voltage ranging fron 2Vdc to 20Vdc.
If you have 0Vdc then disconnect interconnecting wire 3 and recheck between terminal 2 and 3 If its still 0V check fuses and power on the outdoor unit PCB and try with the outddor fan motor disconnected.
With wire 3 removed terminal 3 should be steady 20Vdc.
basically outdoor unit generates 20Vdc on terminal 3 referanced to terminal 2 and the variable voltage is due to the return signal from indoor unit.
The wait indication is showing because the condensing unit isn;t communicating with the indoor unit.
Brit

spimps
22-08-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks will look into that.
BG

spimps
24-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks Brit,
I have a steady 22/3 volts from term 3 on outdoor which on the indoor goes into a "high level cut out max 4 amps" This device is OC,didn't have time to look further as it's cable disappears upwards into the unit. Are you familiar with these and do I have to enter loft space to change please.
Thanks

spimps
25-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Sorted now,was wired through a pump overflow switch in the loft which had failed.

Thanks
BG