PDA

View Full Version : Mild blockage is the symptom but where?

kejross
17-08-2009, 06:54 PM
I just read the superheat and subcooling scenarios and my situation fits the mild restriction overcharged. I'm a novice at this, got my 608 just so I could install my own heat and air. I installed charged perfectly and then discovered a small leak, pumped down fixed leak installed suction line dryer and a sight glass on the high side vacuumed it all back up for several hours, charged perfectly again and now a few weeks later I got low suction pressure normal head pressure high superheat, I added more charge to where my superheat is good but now my subcooling is super high and head pressure is high as well figures are head: 295psi 85deg for 43deg subcooling suction:78psi 65deg for 19deg superheat my sight glass indicates a little moisture in the system so I'm wondering if the dryer I installed is full of moisture and causing the restriction or if its something in the coil? I don't think its the dryer I installed cause it has the service ports before and after and all pressures are the same, there is a factory dryer installed inside the condenser itself and is before the valve on the high side. If it was that dryer how would I even replace it since its before the valve? Do I need to recover all the refrigerant or is there a simpler way to do it? I don't have a recovery machine so if that was the only option how bad would it be for me to just leave it alone as its been working just fine for the past almost week or so??? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Kevin

frederik79
17-08-2009, 07:52 PM
why did you install suction line dryer ?

Brian_UK
17-08-2009, 11:14 PM
You say that you vacuumed for several hours but what was the vacuum reading at the end.

If you pumped down then how/why the "charged perfectly".

Pressures and readings are useful but what is the refrigerant?

kejross
18-08-2009, 05:25 PM
why did you install suction line dryer ?

I put one in the suction side because there was already one installed from the factory on the high side and I figured the bigger suction one would dry more because it was so much bigger....

kejross
18-08-2009, 05:29 PM
You say that you vacuumed for several hours but what was the vacuum reading at the end.

It was down to almost -30(dont have a micron gauge) within like 10 minutes but I left it on so it could vaporize and remove any moisture that got in...

If you pumped down then how/why the "charged perfectly".

That was after I fixed the tiny tiny leak and installed the dryer and sight glass.

Pressures and readings are useful but what is the refrigerant?

R-22 sorry

kejross
18-08-2009, 05:31 PM
That came out weird my answers are inside your quote...