PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerant Falsification

James priyono
17-08-2009, 03:26 PM
In my country many that forged the cooling material with only replaced the package.
The example R12 in the tube R134A.
that wanted to be asked about by me, was how distinguished between R12 and R134A?

Yuri B.
17-08-2009, 05:15 PM
I dont believe it is possible to at once discerne a forgery - without special instruments (some spectrographs or alike) at least - the falcifiers are probably carefull enough as to make such mixtures which by their pressure to temperature characteristics will be identical to the refrigerants falcified.

Everything is being falcified in the world - from jewels to medicines to fuel. Buy your refrigerants only from people who are licenced providers and, maybe, interrogate about their licence by your Refrigeration Engineers Association.

desA
18-08-2009, 03:13 AM
I have come across Chinese-manufactured R-134a, that responded totally differently, in a test machine, to the correct brand-name refrigerant.

Tests at various points in the refrigeration circuit will show up the performance differences - they are impossible to imitate perfectly.

Don't buy Chinese copies.

Tesla
18-08-2009, 02:55 PM
Could one not do a standing pressure/temperature test at various temperatures to determine these refrigerants and compare to a pressure temperature chart?

desA
18-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Take a few system readings, together with the standard sat pressure/temp for the original gas, then for the 'supadupa goop' from the supplier of choice.

If the mass charge is identical, & the system performs differently, then you will know.

Dupont wrote an article about some of the junk refrigerants sold in Dubai - origin Asia. The findings were scary, to say the very least. Some of the stuff was flammable... go figure what's in there.

James priyono
23-08-2009, 06:03 AM
I really hope for very much from the holder's side of the make licence dupont to check his product, possibly also was forged in my country.