PDA

View Full Version : Flies go away- Fish procesing Room

gwapa
17-08-2009, 12:34 AM
My customer have aconditioned at 24ºc the room where they proccess and canning the fish (tuna)

They installed also fast roll door in all entrances

Even so the fllies get in and makes big parties

Any idea to to avoid flies get in ????
Thanks
Gwapa

US Iceman
17-08-2009, 01:31 AM
This might be a good application for those air curtains. They do a better job of keeping insects out than they do keeping warm air outside.

TRASH101
17-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Iceman has the answer

I've used a lobby system before with roller doors and a vfd running a fan/filter through a pressure transducer for different applications (to maintain a room pressure and full speed when door open). An expensive option but has the benefit of horizontal flow and good control of cleanliness via filter and the direction of the air flow. Air curtains can lift particulates from the floor and anything entering through the door and carry them into the room.

Sridhar1312
17-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Provide UV lamps in the hall or at entrance and exit

Tesla
17-08-2009, 02:31 PM
I think trash has the best idea here but would like to add another. Claenliness and reduce that stenchy fish smell - when I looked after fisheries the ones that smell less have less flies.

glenn1340
17-08-2009, 07:17 PM
You`ll never stop the flies!!!!!!! I`m currently working on some cassettes in a refuse recyling plant(the household wate is stored at high temp for two weeks to break down the organic matter, so you can imagine the smell) Now I know just where the world`s flies are bred. The operators have tried everything to stop them, even introducing a slower breeding fly that feeds on the blue flies. Oh how I love working at that place!!!!

Eeram
17-08-2009, 07:54 PM
Flies are having rave parties at 24 deg. C!

Like Iceman said, use air curtains. Replace the air conditioning with a unit that can keep the temperature at 15 deg. C. At least at that temperature they are not "flies" any more, but "walks" and is easier to get rid off.

In pilchard factories, we drop the processing area down to 15 deg. C, just before the fingers get numb, with good results.

gwapa
18-08-2009, 06:17 PM
Eeram
do you have a literatura which related the behavior of the flies with the temperature
Thanks
Gwapa

knighty
19-08-2009, 02:15 AM
as a side note.... I see flies come out of our freezers at -25'C after being in the overnight.... toss them out onto the ground and in a few min. (once they've defrosted) they get up... walk about... and then fly away !!!!

freaky :o

Eeram
20-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Unfortunately, I do not have any literature.

However, in the pilchard processing area, the temperature is constant at 15 deg. C, with the air curtains operating, even if no processing is taking place.

Entrance into the processing area should also be through an airlock, where the temperature can be the same as in the processing area.

Cleanliness also plays a big role as Tesla says.