PDA

View Full Version : Scotman DCE33 icemeker stops making ice / ice is wet

pvertino
16-08-2009, 12:49 AM
Hi new to forum
We just installed a used Scotsman DCE33 in new bar. It appears to be making ice but still not full after 3 days even with setting set to highest capacity. The ice is also on the wet side and there is water dripping into the storage bin (condensation?) near the curtain.

not sure what to do. Cleaned out front vent. Didnt help.

Any help appreciated

Peter_1
16-08-2009, 07:43 AM
without readings from the refrigeration sqystem, we can't help you.
Read first refrigeration 101 once from Gary

nike123
16-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Check your user manual for that unit.
It appear (from your user profile) that you have no qualifications and tools for other things except calling skilled service engineer.

Yuri B.
16-08-2009, 10:21 AM
But at the very least is not the machine put at too a hot place ? And
1. is its condenser clean ?
2. is air flow through the the condenser felt (fan working properly) ?
3. is there free space at the machine's sides allowing unobstructed air circulation ?

Clk320_Greg
16-08-2009, 10:30 AM
If the waters dripping off the curtan into the bin then this surgests its not level...

Maybe if you get your horse to look at it he might help you?

tonyhavcr
18-08-2009, 01:38 AM
Hi new to forum
We just installed a used Scotsman DCE33 in new bar. It appears to be making ice but still not full after 3 days even with setting set to highest capacity. The ice is also on the wet side and there is water dripping into the storage bin (condensation?) near the curtain.

not sure what to do. Cleaned out front vent. Didnt help.

Any help appreciated

Hi water dripping into the storage bin is not (condensation) Clk320_Greg is right on surgests its not level) but you should check your water fill valve it may be leaking I know its a new install but did you add a water filter and did you beed your water line if it a taste & odder? And check your troth out watch the water pattern over evp.

As for Reading first refrigeration 101 once from Gary
it may help you out latter on but not for this he started in the middle you need the begging look @ it watch it the water pattern this is big here you need to look and time the drops
If this fails call the oem hey its a new unit !!

Peter_1
18-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Tonyhavcr(sic), it's a used unit he bought

tonyhavcr
18-08-2009, 12:16 PM
I did not see that when I read
but I see it now as big as day not shore how I mist that.
Thanks peter_1 what is (sic) ?
I never put in use equipment.

He still needs to look @ the the flow and how it formed ice is it thin on top or on bottom and drop time then gauges and temps

spimps
18-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Water dripping into the finished ice compartment is often the curtain fitted wrong way round,regular fault by customers.
BG

Peter_1
18-08-2009, 08:06 PM
I did not see that when I read
but I see it now as big as day not shore how I mist that.
Thanks peter_1 what is (sic) ?
I never put in use equipment.

He still needs to look @ the the flow and how it formed ice is it thin on top or on bottom and drop time then gauges and temps
Second line ' a used Scotsman.."

Shibhrac
20-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Call an hvac engineer to make the job done