PDA

View Full Version : carrier 30gx scpm board

anish
15-08-2009, 07:28 AM
hi guys,
i am trying to replace a faulty compressor board scpm of 30 gx chiller.i fixed new scpm board but there is a alarm showing loss of comunication with screw compressor board 3 .does this new board have to be programed please help to fix this issue.

anish

vinod
19-08-2009, 05:25 PM
hi aneesh

First u check ur connection is right.Then match the address switch (DIP Switch) with old board which is u removed and put the dip switch in correct position.

vinod

Shibhrac
19-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Try to put all your board connections in the correct way. If the new board is a direct replacement to the failure one then you should not worry about reprograming it.

goshen
20-08-2009, 05:01 AM
hi there from my experience there is no need to program this card just make sure u connect it the same way as the old one including dip switches!!!!!!!
usualy it is the main board that needs programing when left with out power for a month or longer & that is when u need carriers help:mad:

anish
23-08-2009, 07:13 PM
hi guys,
i have set the dip switch same as the faulty board and the wiring connection also as before:confused:

vinod
24-08-2009, 04:49 PM
hi aneesh

scpm board has 3 set dip switch.set 8 nos and MTA dip switchs.This is not a programmable board

vinod

anish
27-08-2009, 09:02 AM
hi guys
i have seen 3 dip switches in the board and have set same as faulty board no result.we tryed to contact carrier local office advice the board as been sent to programing.i dont they are fooling us..........

oldschooleng
31-03-2010, 10:52 PM
you do need to set the dip switches to the same as the old board,but the board wont ever work without the carrier software intalled by the service department or by specifying which software you want in it before it is shipped from the spares dept

serviceman
01-04-2010, 05:13 AM
cpm module requires no software to configure the swicht dip, place the mta according to the compressor, check the cables of communication between modules

oldschooleng
19-04-2010, 07:13 PM
i was answering the question on a phase 3 model with a grey keypad which i assure you requires software.the older models with black keypads use dip switches to set the address and compressor size but the cpm board is no longer available and has to be retro-fitted.