PDA

View Full Version : Frick part number needed

Superfridge
13-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Hello
I'm looking for a part number/s for a TDSH283, 200NB suction stop check and strainer assembly. We have two that are worn out and sticking and causing compressors to back spin at shut down. We attempted a repair by inserting a plastic sleeve into one of them which has worked but we would prefer to replace with new.
Thanks in advance.
gavinator_nz@hotmail.com

Superfridge
23-08-2009, 09:18 AM
I havn't had any success with obtaining the required part number as yet. Yoda is looking into it.;)

Next Question.
Is there any chance of internal damage to a screw compressor running backwards at shut down? The back spin occurs for roughly 20 to 30 seconds.

NH3LVR
23-08-2009, 03:12 PM
Running backwards is fatal to many screws.
I do not believe that it is a problem if the screw goes backwards for a short time after shutdown, however I would like to hear others opinion on that.
The problem I have seen is that if the suction check fails the oil in the separator goes back up the suction line.
If the check valve has a bypass to bleed pressure from the machine during shutdown, it will also cause loss of oil if someone opens it too far. (Do not ask how I discovered this)

RANGER1
23-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Would be a problem with oil going back up suction if it was a vertical seperator , but don't think it would happen with horizontal .

Machine would have no oil going into bearings the time it is going backwards so 30 seconds would be a bit to long in the medium term .

Oil might foam up as well when pressure drops quickly .

Do you really need a part number for items required , as these people selling parts are technically called
"parts interpreter ' . What about serial number or package number ?

Superfridge
24-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Would be a problem with oil going back up suction if it was a vertical seperator , but don't think it would happen with horizontal .

Machine would have no oil going into bearings the time it is going backwards so 30 seconds would be a bit to long in the medium term .

Oil might foam up as well when pressure drops quickly .

Do you really need a part number for items required , as these people selling parts are technically called
"parts interpreter ' . What about serial number or package number ?

It has a horizontal separator and yes the oil foams and it looses oil but not alot. I guess the oil might help?????

I would not expect any damage to the compressor as there is no load when the rotors spin backwards just gas pushing them but i'm not 100%. The compressor holds alot of oil in the bearing housings, hopefully enough:eek:

Ranger1 The skids are NZ made based on a Frick design therefore JCI has no knowledge of the skid details except for the compressor. The stop/check in question is a Frick part but JCI parts department in NZ is questionable at the best of times.

Generally if we don't have the part number we cant order or we get the wrong part sent.

ColdDeath
24-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Have you tried contacting Frick directly or a Frick Rep.? Even though Frick is JCI, there still is a difference between the two.

Superfridge
25-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Have you tried contacting Frick directly or a Frick Rep.? Even though Frick is JCI, there still is a difference between the two.

I have posted this before but...... NZ is just a island floating in the pacific. There is no Frick in NZ only JCI.

Maybe I should contact Frick US directly???

RANGER1
25-08-2009, 07:58 AM
Call this guy in Melbourne 0393180903 , but offer to buy items from him ( Steve ) .
If anyone knows , its him .

marley
26-08-2009, 05:30 AM
super frigde,
if you supply a ser # & an order # thats on a name plate on your machine to your parts dealer he can match you with the parts you need for your machine.

juaned
04-11-2009, 03:11 AM
Hello Superfridge,
You donīt have any problem with compressor running backwards for 20/30 seconds. By the time you stop the compressor, the bearings are oil flooded so they have enough lubrication. The problem is that oil leaves the separator thru the suction valve and goes to the suction of other compressors that may be working in the same line, to the suction acumulator or any other low pressure component in the installation.
Regarding the part number needed, you have several part numbers according to the valve size and model you have:
Assembly Multivalve 150 PSIG (stop valve and check valve included)
5" Hand wheel 535D0403G01
5" Seal Cap 535D0403G02

6" Hand Wheel 535D0404G01
6" Seal Cap 535D0404G02

8" Hand Wheel 535D0405G01
8" Seal Cap 535D0405G02

Part numbers were taken from Service Part List S70-200SPL Dated May 1999

Then you have the following spare parts number from a November 2004 parts manual S70-610SPL (only check valve, NO stop valve included)

Check valve 5" 956A0050H03
Check Valve 6" 956A0050H04
Check Valve 8" 956A0050H05

Regards,

Superfridge
04-11-2009, 07:35 AM
Thank you very much Juaned.

Grizzly
04-11-2009, 09:59 PM
I have posted this before but...... NZ is just a island floating in the pacific. There is no Frick in NZ only JCI.

Maybe I should contact Frick US directly???

Hi Superfridge.
Check out the details attached.
These may not be correct as they are Sabroe 283 details.
But then again they just maybe?
If you contact JCI they own both companies and should be able to advise you accordingly?
Anyway good Luck and let us know how you get on?
Cheers Grizzly

Stormy
07-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Superfridge, I don't know where or how Frick packages are put together for NZ, but if there is a Frick sales order number on the package nameplate (located on or near the motor pedestal) I will see if I can get Frick in the US to pull something up. Maybe we can get you the correct breakdown.

Superfridge
10-11-2009, 08:49 AM
I have had some success with the part numbers Juaned posted. The item is called a multivalve and have parts available.

Thanks alot for your help.