PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE Help with a Daikin VRV_II Compressor Phenom

Brandon3131
13-08-2009, 02:30 AM
I'm hoping those in the UK with more experience with Daikin than us on this side of the pond can help us. We've got a Daikin VRV_II condenser that seems to be getting hot gas back to the compressor somehow. We've replaced the 4-way valve twice. The guy that replaced it the first time didn't use a heat sync and totally melted the plastic actuator inside. We've done a proper replacement on the 4-way valve but we have to run the unit on the standard compressor only. For some reason the inverter compressor is getting a tremendous amount of hot gas back in and it gets dangerously hot very very fast. I must add that the guys who did the original install were crap and the machine has never really worked right. Can anyone offer input for the cause of this?? PLEASE HELP. Cheers.

mitchilin
13-08-2009, 11:12 AM
hi,vrv 2 normal cooling operation condenser solenoid valve Discharge gas pipe y5s turned off,detect pipe temperature to see if valve stuk open.the same with solenoid valve High pressure y7s turned off , detect pipe temperature to see if valve stuk open.i have same problem and found discharge mechanichal valve stuk open.change valve.good look.

Brandon3131
18-08-2009, 02:31 AM
Thank you very much for the reply. I tested this out today and unfortunately the valve seems to be closed. i was hoping this would fix the issue. Thanks anyways. We're still working through it.

multisync
18-08-2009, 06:54 AM
Possible restricted suction strainer at the Y junction so the hot gas injection valve is energised