PDA

View Full Version : Samsung RL36 Ice build up in freezer

inha
12-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Gents,

I have a Samsung RL36 EBNS (Upright no-frost fridge-freezer) which is building up ice from the bottom up in the frezer compartment.

On ocassion water is released from the freezer compartment, but even after this happens a significant amount of ice will still be left in the bottom of the freezer.

What has possibly failed?

amitsaxena
13-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Dear Check for deforst Controller assembly.

Thanks
Amit Saxena

happy
13-08-2009, 06:49 PM
most likely a blocked drain. Turn off appliance, open doors, allow to defrost completely for 24-48 hrs. Put towels down to absorb melt water

Naami
14-08-2009, 09:08 PM
most likely a blocked drain. Turn off appliance, open doors, allow to defrost completely for 24-48 hrs. Put towels down to absorb melt water

most probably a blocked drain.
remember to clear the drain and also check drain heater if its working.

inha
17-08-2009, 04:53 PM
most probably a blocked drain.
remember to clear the drain and also check drain heater if its working.

The unit does not have a drain in the freezer compartment. Therefore I presume it must be defrost problem? or an air circulation problem?

Regards

happy
17-08-2009, 07:57 PM
The drain hole is behind the 2 covers in the rear of the freezer. You have to move the evaporator assembly forward to reveal the hole

inha
17-08-2009, 08:52 PM
The drain hole is behind the 2 covers in the rear of the freezer. You have to move the evaporator assembly forward to reveal the hole

Thanks Happy,

I have removed the ice tray support and the screws on the back cover, yet the cover will not come out. I am concerned about breaking it if I force it. Is there a trick?

happy
17-08-2009, 09:18 PM
push a thin screwdriver into the slots to release the cover - its quite a tight fit

inha
12-09-2009, 08:10 AM
Thanks again happy, problem solved.

An exceptionally long defrost would have also been enogh, have to give it a long enough time to make sure the drain also defrosts (last thing to do so) and obviously out of sight.

Regards,