PDA

View Full Version : Good ole days at WH O`GORMAN (UK)

chiller man
11-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Hello Peps

Sitting here reading stuff, and suddenly find myself with a sentimental longing for the past. I wonder,, are there any Ex O.G.engineers in the forum?

Rich.

albionharley
12-08-2009, 08:12 AM
In a way - i was at Prestcold when og's took us over.

cwm
12-08-2009, 02:33 PM
adam here, with W H O'Gorman 1977.
at exworth pl, Chelsea. Mick Phillips, Goeff Gates. Sam, Martin ****ren.
Charlie gobb. Pat healy, something Brown. Later fridge Dude !!

WebRam
12-08-2009, 08:18 PM
was ex O'Gorman, based out of Armadale in Scotland :) was there when all the takeovers happened.

Silhouette
14-08-2009, 03:10 PM
My Dad was Prestcold/O'Gorman based at Attenborough.

chiller man
14-08-2009, 09:50 PM
Albionhaley, Idone my apprenticship at Prestcold Norwich, but left before the take over..... cheers mate.

CWM-- Hi adam, cant recll thoses names, but went to chelsea one xmas for the bash and meet bill.

Webram--- Thanks for the response pal, but a bit to far north for me to know you,,, pity!

Silouette//// Worked a couple of tesco refit ghosters in notts, could have known him 71 to 76.

To all above. I was with Mildenhall Branch, Soham, Cambs, Boss was John Crockett,great bloke along with Bill Petty,Ian Dunt,Ian Gardener,John Spoore,Barry Dodds, Len Nichols, and Peter Richardson. I remmember meeting Vick Snooke once as well.

Thanks Gents.

If all else fails, change the drier!!!!

Silhouette
18-08-2009, 04:34 PM
My Dad was Terry. He was the supervisor before he left to work at Wathes Minworth building packs for the supermarkets.

panda
18-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Silhouette

Installed a few of the packs your Dad made with Arnold & Darren and of course Lawrence their commissioning engineer happy days at Wathes all those years ago.What was your Dad's surname by the way??

Colin G
19-08-2009, 12:53 AM
was ex O'Gorman, based out of Armadale in Scotland :) was there when all the takeovers happened.

you will remember my uncle then, and prob my wifes late uncle and one of our electricians they where all there back then

albionharley
19-08-2009, 10:23 AM
Hi chiller man - I started at Prestcold Birmingham in 1980 and finally left in 1996 by which time it had become Hussmanns.

Silhouette
19-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi Panda,
Begins with B. I worked there for a year then moved on to service and install for the Chesterfield branch!

supermarketguy
19-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi All,

I started my time at O'Gs at the armadale branch and was then moved to hussmann Glasgow during the take over. That was when webram, tattie, davie adamson, john brown,raymond caldwell, ian maxwell, john jackson,George lloyd, davie smith and Graham Ogilvie was the Branch manager.

Webram was the first engineer that i went to a service call with, hence the little knowledge that i managed to gain :D

panda
21-08-2009, 12:04 AM
Hi Sil

Thanks bud I know who he is now are you still at WR by the way??

Silhouette
21-08-2009, 04:47 PM
Hi Panda,
No, I left under a cloud many moons ago! Working for the Bristol based national now, have been for the last 8 years!
Regards,
Silhouette.

spoofa
21-08-2009, 09:47 PM
In a way - i was at Prestcold when og's took us over.i same here,just as well, the only service contract we had left was littlewoods!

albionharley
22-08-2009, 09:59 AM
i same here,just as well, the only service contract we had left was littlewoods!

If i remember correctly ( it is along time ago ) we had loads of work in B'ham. Whithin weeks of the takeover OG's lost a major contract , i think it may have been International ? which then meant too many engineers for the work we had.

Alot of the Prestcold guys went to Stanleys as a result.

Colin G
22-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Hi All,

I started my time at O'Gs at the armadale branch and was then moved to hussmann Glasgow during the take over. That was when webram, tattie, davie adamson, john brown,raymond caldwell, ian maxwell, john jackson,George lloyd, davie smith and Graham Ogilvie was the Branch manager.

Webram was the first engineer that i went to a service call with, hence the little knowledge that i managed to gain :D

tattie, was my wifes uncle whilst davie adamson was my uncles apprentice, and im actually doing a shift with john brown on monday night lol

was gerry not there back then?

multisync
22-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Anyone remember a guy called Gavin Mitchell -he worked for O'G's in London lived out Bexley way as far as I remember..real character

WebRam
25-08-2009, 05:51 PM
tattie, was my wifes uncle whilst davie adamson was my uncles apprentice, and im actually doing a shift with john brown on monday night lol

was gerry not there back then?

Gerry was with them back then, yes.

WebRam
25-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi All,

And yer still a cheeky wee tinker ;)

Rtic
09-09-2009, 08:26 PM
Albionhaley, Idone my apprenticship at Prestcold Norwich, but left before the take over..... cheers mate.

CWM-- Hi adam, cant recll thoses names, but went to chelsea one xmas for the bash and meet bill.

Webram--- Thanks for the response pal, but a bit to far north for me to know you,,, pity!

Silouette//// Worked a couple of tesco refit ghosters in notts, could have known him 71 to 76.

To all above. I was with Mildenhall Branch, Soham, Cambs, Boss was John Crockett,great bloke along with Bill Petty,Ian Dunt,Ian Gardener,John Spoore,Barry Dodds, Len Nichols, and Peter Richardson. I remmember meeting Vick Snooke once as well.

Thanks Gents.

If all else fails, change the drier!!!!

My old man, Terry, was at WH O`GORMAN in Soham, Mildenhall around this time, I would imagine you would of met him. He's always going on about his days there! ;)

Mick Beeby
09-09-2009, 10:03 PM
I knew Mick Phillps when he was a supervisor also Pat Healy& Ken Brown who be came part of Ryan Brown Refrig.was you there when Bill O,G took over Hampshire Refrig, Regards Mick Beeby

mad fridgie
10-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Worked for Prestcold, then O'Gs, then Hussmann, (wishing I was the sign writer) out of the Morecambe Branch early to mid eighties

sparkatan
12-10-2009, 01:12 PM
OG's Leeds.
We had so much work on we hadn't time to spend our wages.
Now its exactly the reverse

romaurie
06-01-2010, 02:31 AM
I was with Prestcold Southern based at Boscombe between 1972-1974.Attended refresher courses at Greenford branch on release of new equipment.The turquoise blue service vans had the "By Appointment" logo and still retained that after the take-over.
I remember the management complaining about"rock-bottom" quotes from the ever-increasing numbers of small "cowboy-outfits" for new installations and then Prestcold taking over the servicing at the end of the 1 year guarantee.But Prestcold Refrigeration were a subsidiary of British Leyland and was on the market for 12 million for many years as\ the only branch of the group making money.Money required to inject new life into BL .
I can safely say the engineers in Prestcold Bournemouth were amongst the most intelligent/competent group I have ever worked with.
And that was some 36 years ago.

chillled
06-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Anyone remember a guy called Gavin Mitchell -he worked for O'G's in London lived out Bexley way as far as I remember..real character
last time i saw him was working for WR Dartford for Dave March