PDA

View Full Version : Service/Maintanance Newbie

willw
11-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Hey all
Ive been readin quite a bit on the forum but never posted nothing so thought i'd put up a post to introduce myself and see if i can source some usefull info.
Ive been in the trade for about five years and just finished my three years at college doing my 101 201 and NVQ ! Ive mainly done install work for the majority of my five years but ive now become responsible for the service/maintanace side as our other lad left.
Personally i thought college was more refrigeration based although obviously the same principle, it seems you should also have more of an electrical knowlege when it comes to air conditioning.
Im trying to get a bit of a service folder together so any usefull documents would be appreciated aswell as any advice/tips/usefull info to help me along my way.
Cheers in advance ;)

Brian_UK
11-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Hi Will and welcome to the big world of AC&R.

It would make sense to join the Service section of the Institute of Refrigeration as thye can provide a lot of useful information.

Also try the manufacturers websites for fault code lists, service manuals or even design basics.

willw
11-08-2009, 11:09 PM
Cheers Brian i havent heard of the Institute of Refrigeration but i'll check it out !

Brian_UK
11-08-2009, 11:41 PM
^^ try http://www.ior.org.uk/