PDA

View Full Version : Carpigiani 181 never stops running...?!

Jepson75
11-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Well, to be honest, some days it works great (Perhaps a bit to noisy though...is that common?)
Anyway, some friends of mine bought a used Carpigiani 181 soft-ice-machine...and there are some problems with it:

Some days, itīs like the Energizerbunny, the motors just keep on going and going and going....!
And some days, they run for a few minutes, and then stops! And itīs the last thing thatīs normal...isnīt it?!

Is that adjustable in some way?! And if so, how and where?!

I know thereīs some kind of adjustmentknob on the back of the machine - but weīve tried that one, without any specific results, sometimes the ice-cream is perfect, and some other time, too hard, or too soft - and thatīs without adjusting anything at all!!

Any ideas, except for the junkyard?! :)

littleyapper
11-08-2009, 01:38 PM
that adjustment on the back is the hardness adjustement... normally set to 80% of the running amps of the beater motor...i would check that the beater is sitting nicely in the barrel ... and also that the mix does not run low

DL A/C
11-08-2009, 07:15 PM
possible faulty 10 minute timer??? ive came across 1 or 2 where the contacts have stuck causing the motor to run and run and trip on overload. have you checked running pressures?

Jepson75
11-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Thankīs for the advice, will start with the timer (Whereīs it located?)
By the way, havnīt checked anything yet - donīt didnīt know where to start, have no info or manual at all to the machine!