PDA

View Full Version : APC InRow SC ..HP problem

mfakazi
10-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Hello Gentlemens and ladies

I hope you guys could put me in the right direction,I am not going to get into details about the installation as there is already legal action going on.All I can say the install is in Midland some Data Centre.

I have 2 units driving me mad and the whole situation is getting too expensive.In order for these units to operate properly the following mechanical requirements must be met.provide atleast 850cfm of airflow to and from the condenser.Condenser inlet air temp must be between (0-40dec c)
Heat rejected up to 10kw per unit..and must be treated by building cooling system.

The current minimum air voulme is 2.4qubic/s maximum heat rejected is 60kw.There is also QP250 Roof top extract fan working against an external static pressure drop of say 100pa due to ductwork and louvers will extract 0.441 qubic m/s.

0.441/2.4 X100=18.4% this is the current % total airflow when compared to recommended minimum airflow.

Let me be clear I am not expert with these units they seem very basic but things have gone wrong because of the following and thats my main concern:
The air inlet and hot discharged from the units is mixing within the ceiling void and elevating the air inlet temp to way above 40 dec C causing HP.Although it states on the manual that Heat Rejected by condenser up to 10kw per unit must be treated by building cooling system and this has not met.

I have come up with the option installing a baffle within the ceiling void to create hot and cold plenum and modify flexible ductwork within the ceiling void so the inlet draws air from the cold plenum 2 discharge ducts connect to hot plenum.Then we would install 2 a/c units cooling only in the comms room to provide builing cooling system as required by manufacture.This whole idea has been rejected due to cost involve so I need to come up with a totally cheap idea to get these units working.

I am not even sure if I have given you guys enough info and for those who are not familier with this model..Basically a close control unit with 3 ducts on the top 1=air intake 2=Exhaust air duct.

Thank you very for your time.

lowcool
11-08-2009, 02:05 AM
fit water coolled condensers and let it flow to a drain

multisync
11-08-2009, 03:08 PM
I am asusming you have directed the in left and the out right etc? Can these ducts be increased in length to separate them even further. Can the exhaust go into the void and the supply stay within the building etc etc

All the big server farms that are using this enclosed rack cooling will have back up cooling even though the room could be left to heat up.

Looks like some one effed up big style and someone will be looking at some big liquidiation fines. (Last one we were on was a 15k job with 120k PER DAYfine if the project over run:eek:)

mfakazi
11-08-2009, 08:34 PM
Thank you guys for your input,The original design did not comply with the manufactures requirements but its just the matter of getting that 10kw heat per unit rejected outside the building then I can get indoor (0- 30 dec C). to the condenser inlet.

What type of extract system should I get to extract 60kw heat?Is there anything else Im missing as I said I am not very expirienced in ducting and ventilation.

thank you.