PDA

View Full Version : Apprentiship

cassr
10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
hi i have just been taken on as an apprentice and wondering if there is any tips that you people can give me to do the best i can thanks

tonyhavcr
16-08-2009, 11:04 PM
Yes when you have nothing to do find something. Ask why this why that.
keep the good thing you learn ant get rid of the bad.

Clk320_Greg
16-08-2009, 11:19 PM
LISTON and ASK..

Do plenty of the above and you will be fine.

Deano240
18-08-2009, 10:55 AM
Keep asking why and doo you need any thing can I help ect

Darc
18-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Always be busy...When you have nothing to do you aren`t looking hard enough for something to do or learn.

I completed my apprenticeship at the start of the year and I am still learning heaps and will be for the rest of my career.

Tiesse
21-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Always be interested in what the engineer you are working with is doing & never be scared to ask questions.

Be bold & just ask, no matter how silly you believe the question to be.

Don't pick up bad habits from those you work with!

Try to pre-empt what tools the engineer may require for what he/she is doing & have them to hand to pass when they need them. This will come with experience & whilst it is only a small thing, it will go a long way with the engineer as it will show that you are learning & showing an interest.

taz24
22-08-2009, 08:18 PM
hi i have just been taken on as an apprentice and wondering if there is any tips that you people can give me to do the best i can thanks

When you work with someone try and think what they are doing and anticipate what they will require.

Ask questions and offer to help.

Do not stand around with your hands in your pockets, if someone is stuggling near you get in there and struggle with them.

One last piece of advice.

Do not ask what time we will be finished when you get in the van in the morning.

taz.

Toosh
23-08-2009, 07:02 AM
Hi Cassr, Have a look at this and familiarize your self with it its from Danfoss, there are also games on the sight where it asks you to position parts of the system. have a good look about the website there is a lot of information on it, but don`t try to go too fast.

http://www.danfoss.com/BusinessAreas/RefrigerationAndAirConditioning/EducationAndTraining/Basics+Refrigeration.htm

Good Luck

Toosh

superswill
23-08-2009, 12:27 PM
ask questions
ask questions
ask questions

always keep busy even if its keeping the work space tidy of going for coffee,
practice brazing or flaring when its quite

work hard,ask questions,listen and above all enjoy what you do.

welcome to the trade and good luck