PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to the pub dear

shogun7
10-09-2004, 02:34 AM
Poor school building conditions, such as inefficient air conditioning and excessive noise, can be harmful to student academic achievement, an expert testified in a trial challenging the way Texas funds public education. Building conditions ranging from lighting to overcrowding can impact student achievement by as much as 17 percentage points, said Glen Earthman, a Virginia Tech professor who prepared an expert report for the plaintiff school districts in the case. He cited one study that found that any temperature over 74°F (23°C) harms students' math and science scores. :)

frank
10-09-2004, 08:04 PM
He cited one study that found that any temperature over 74°F (23°C) harms students' math and science scores.

Thats got to be true 'cause the other day when it was 24C here in Nottingham I got short changed in the pub without realising :p

Normally I'm good at mental arithmatic :D

shogun7
10-09-2004, 11:00 PM
"conditions, such as excessive noise, can be harmful to student academic achievement".

I too, Frank seem to suffer Post Traumatic Stress disorder and deminished IQ when all the grandkids finally leave after a family gettogather :D