PDA

View Full Version : autonumis fan motor

Andy AC
06-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Have any of you guys fitted a different type of condenser fan motor to an autonumis bottle cooler? If so, what did you use, and was it successful?

Andy

chiller man
06-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Hi Andy, How big is this bottle cooler. Is the compressor a fractional HP hermetic?

Andy AC
06-08-2009, 11:25 PM
2 door sliding

Electrocoolman
18-06-2010, 12:21 AM
Hi Andy,

I know this is sometime on from your last post, but for reference for all I've just successfully fitted a new condenser fan motor to a 2 door Autonumis cooler.

The original motor was a skeleton with push-on fan (black plastic) and was mounted above condenser blowing down from above.

I used a motor fan assy from Polestar, who co-exist with Elco direct. The motor was a skeleton with bracket mounting and a 172mm blower. I had to drill 3 holes in the original mounting bracket, using the line of the original holes as a guide.
The rear bearing housing of the new motor is not flat as per original, hence need for a third hole to accomodate the protrusion of the bearing.

The screws that held the front mounted bracket (now removed) on the new motor are used to mount the motor by screwing into the holes in the rear bearing housing.

In all a successful transplant!

Andy AC
18-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Nice one, thanks for the info. I seem to recall that I used an elco 5 or 7w with the original bracket, which was splayed a bit for the width of the motor. And a few more self tappers to keep the thing in the air. I can't remember if I used the original blade or not.
Looked a complete bodge, but is still working 10 months later:D.

Andy

ElcoUK
18-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Hi Andy,

I know this is sometime on from your last post, but for reference for all I've just successfully fitted a new condenser fan motor to a 2 door Autonumis cooler.

The original motor was a skeleton with push-on fan (black plastic) and was mounted above condenser blowing down from above.

I used a motor fan assy from Polestar, who co-exist with Elco direct. The motor was a skeleton with bracket mounting and a 172mm blower. I had to drill 3 holes in the original mounting bracket, using the line of the original holes as a guide.
The rear bearing housing of the new motor is not flat as per original, hence need for a third hole to accomodate the protrusion of the bearing.

The screws that held the front mounted bracket (now removed) on the new motor are used to mount the motor by screwing into the holes in the rear bearing housing.

In all a successful transplant!

Nice one, thanks for the info. I seem to recall that I used an elco 5 or 7w with the original bracket, which was splayed a bit for the width of the motor. And a few more self tappers to keep the thing in the air. I can't remember if I used the original blade or not.
Looked a complete bodge, but is still working 10 months later:D.

Andy

Glad to see we were of service to you two. Many of our motors have numerous applicational uses and failing that you can always adapt them as it would appear you have.

Regards
Elco UK

Electrocoolman
22-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Just for reference Polestar part number is 24TS40-172B-1.

Ph: 01526 399 733

Adrian