PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi PUMY/PCFY Power Outage

ral
06-08-2009, 03:10 PM
I have a City Multi PUMY-P125YHMA and a PCFY-P125VGM-E. When the power went out recently, the units did not restart automatically.

Has anyone had any experience with this issue? Could the power outage have damaged the units if they were running when power was lost? Is there a setting that I need to turn on so that they will automatically restart?

Thanks for any light that you can shed on this situation.

goshen
06-08-2009, 04:59 PM
hi if u are refering to the indoor unit the answer is yes there is a resistor r-7 on the control board u need to cut in order for the unit to restart automaticly after a powe failure the outside unit should start accordingly:D

Thermatech
06-08-2009, 07:13 PM
All City Muli indoor units can be set for auto restart after power failure.
On the indoor control circuit board or address setting board you will find a bank of dip switches marked SW1

SW1 number 9 & 10 are used for auto restart fuction options.

SW1 - 9 on
This makes the indoor unit restart only if it was turned on at the controller when the power was cut.
So if it was off when power cut then unit does not come on.
SW1 - 10 on
This forces the indoor unit to come on even if it was switched off at the controller when the power was cut.
The unit will come on with the last setting of the remote contoller for mode set temp & fan speed.

mitchilin
14-08-2009, 04:34 PM
hi,i have a mitsubishi PU-P3YGAA the unit did not outo-restart after power failure.thanks