PDA

View Full Version : Anti Vibration Pads the answer?

superswill
05-08-2009, 11:44 PM
members,

we have a upcoming project that requires 6 VRF's to be mounted on steels in a newly made well in the roof,its a hotel so noise/Vibration here is key,we have a team of designers and consultants crunching the numbers on the well design, but a question was asked what is better to mount the units on other than Anti Vibration Pads?

all i can think off is Anti vibration Spring mounts but can they be floor mounted?

so what is better than Anti Vibration Pads?

Brian_UK
05-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Go with properly designed and fitted anit-vibration springs.

Your first thought is normally the best one.

I've had noise/vibration problems in the past in a biulding housing recording studios. The air handling unit springs were getting tired so we called in a "noise analyst", for want of a word, and he came up with the goods.

They will specifiy the spring type/size/location and tell you what tension the springs need to be at.

Magic, but it works.

Try, if possible, to get the consultants etc to specify what should be fitted, they get paid large sums for what they are supposed to do so let them do it. It also removes the onus from you of getting it right or wrong.

Think also about anti vib pipe connections or loops as well.

nike123
05-08-2009, 11:55 PM
so what is better than Anti Vibration Pads?

Big piece of concrete on styrodur (http://www.plasticsportalasia.net/wa/plasticsAP%7Een_GB/function/conversions:/publish/common/upload/foams/styrodur_technical_literature/Styrodur_floor_insulation.pdf). But that depend on roof construction and load capability.

lowcool
06-08-2009, 01:59 AM
anti vibration pad sounds like waffle pad to me,springs cause to much deflection for me,why not rubber isolating mounts?

desA
06-08-2009, 03:50 AM
Big piece of concrete on styrodur (http://www.plasticsportalasia.net/wa/plasticsAP%7Een_GB/function/conversions:/publish/common/upload/foams/styrodur_technical_literature/Styrodur_floor_insulation.pdf). But that depend on roof construction and load capability.

That's pretty remarkable stuff... thanks for the link. :)