PDA

View Full Version : Descaling of evaporative condensers

Asheesh
04-08-2009, 04:18 AM
Please let me know which iis the best descaling chemical to be used for descaling of evaporative condensers made of GI Pipes of RITAC running in India. The scale thickness at some place is as thick as 15mm.
Also what is the life of these condensers under general operating conditions.
Please mail me at asheesh.aggarwal@yahoo.co.in

Josip
04-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Hi, Asheesh :)

Lemon acid ... some very careful mechanical cleaning ... lemon acid ...

Best regards, Josip :)

Asheesh
06-08-2009, 05:50 AM
How to use it or where can get instructions for using it

goshen
06-08-2009, 05:04 PM
hi if u want to avoid accumalating scale i suggest u contact a company called ball tech they use a automatic system with balles that run through the condenser and clean the tubes
if u are going to use citricacid dillute it and wash well

Asheesh
11-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Thank you very much for helping me. Can you provide me the contact details of Ball Tech. ALSO DO TELL ME WON'T CITRIC ACID HAVE ANY IMPACT ON MY TUBES.

Best of regards
Asheesh

Josip
11-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi, Asheesh

Thank you very much for helping me. Can you provide me the contact details of Ball Tech. ALSO DO TELL ME WON'T CITRIC ACID HAVE ANY IMPACT ON MY TUBES.

Best of regards
Asheesh

you need to do some Google .... balls, I'm afraid are not good for your EC only for S&T condensers ...

of, course any chemical cleaner will impact on your tubes, but there are some inhibitors to use with ...

Best regards, Josip :)

US Iceman
11-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Josip is correct. The only way I know of to remove scale from evaporative condenser coils is some form of acid. The unfortunate part of this is to do this properly you have to use low concentrations of acid, otherwise the acid will remove the galvanizing from the sheet steel and the coil.

Some people get in a big hurry with de-scaling and end up using too much acid without monitoring the de-scaling operation.

I'm sorry to say there is no easy answer for this. This is a difficult issue to resolve.