PDA

View Full Version : Another mitsubishi weird one

marc5180
03-08-2009, 06:28 PM
I've been on a routine maintenance visit at one of out sites today and have come across the same problem as last time i was there.

They have a VRF condensor with 9 indoors model number Pmfyp20vbme.

The strange thing is 2 of the indoor units keep swapping their addresses somehow.
Last time i got to site the wall controllers were controlling the unit in the next room i.e reception w/c was controlling office 1 and office 1's w/c was controlling reception.

I looked at the dipswitches in both controllers and they were both set as they should be so i then went into engineers mode and found the address settings were the wrong way round.
I deleted the address settings and readdressed them and tested them and all was fine.
I left thinking the job was fixed.

Got back there today and the address settings have swapped around again.

has anyone come accross this before?

acnerd
03-08-2009, 07:23 PM
Hello Marc, I think Thermatec is very clued up on Mitsubishi kit, maybe PM him?

One thought, you don't have a G50 central controller hidden somewhere? I removed a controller once and put that fan coil onto a different controller. Initially it ran, but then stopped. I discovered a G50 in a cupboard and it had a 6607 error because it couldn't see the controller anymore. I had to readdress the units in question from this controller too.

marc5180
03-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Hello Marc, I think Thermatec is very clued up on Mitsubishi kit, maybe PM him?

One thought, you don't have a G50 central controller hidden somewhere? I removed a controller once and put that fan coil onto a different controller. Initially it ran, but then stopped. I discovered a G50 in a cupboard and it had a 6607 error because it couldn't see the controller anymore. I had to readdress the units in question from this controller too.

I would but he's probably getting sick of me:D.

The system does have a G50 controller but it doesn't show a fault code on it, maybe i do have to readdress the G50 as well.

Thermatech
03-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Dont forget the config at the G50 must exactly match the local set up of the indoor units & local remote controllers

for example

indoor unit 001 & local remote control 101
at the G50 this indoor unit can be group 1 & the remote controller 101 must be assigned to this group.

Indoor unit 002 & local remote controller 102
at the G50 this indoor unit can be group 2 & the local remote controller must be assigened to this group.

Dont forget the 100's digit is preset at 0 for indoor units & at 1 for remote controllers
but
at the G50 you must enter the full 3 digit address.

Today was on a site & local remote controller HO HO
but no remote controller setting at the G50 for the indoor unit group.
So after confirm address setting of indoor unit assign local remote controller to indoor unit at G50 group.
This forces the remote controller to complete electronic hand shake with the indoor unit .
So after this is set at the G50 the indoor unit must always do this again even if power cut.

Few weeks ago at another site & no local remote controllers assigned in the groups at the G50 = all sorts of control problems.

Some engineers add & remove local remote controllers but forget to make the matching changes at the G50 or dont set up the G50 with correct group settings to match local groups at commissioning & this can make the type of problem you describe.

Suggest
1/ Use enginners mode at any local remote controller to check what indoor units & what remote controllers are in the system.
2/ Confirm by inspection the location of all indoor units & remote controllers.
3/ Make the group settings to match the local group requirments & make sure to get the remote controllers assigned correctly to the indoor units for each group setting at the G50.
4/ Get cup of tea while waiting for 'initial setting'
5/ Test each indoor unit group with local remote controller & G50 for correct operation.

Just a tad easier if you have the Mnet monitor tool but £ to a penny you will find this will be an address set up mistake.

Post again if you have further difficulty

marc5180
04-08-2009, 07:54 AM
That sounds like the problem. I only know how to get into the local controller to check what address setting each particular remote controller is, i'm not sure how to go about checking the if the G50 is matched with it.

The indoors in question are address setings 15 and 16 on the controller.

r0ss
10-08-2009, 07:31 PM
I always hate firing up big Mitsi VRF's with G50's because there are ALWAYS problems :\

An apprentice could swap around SW11 and SW12, could duplicate address', forgot to have addressed a remote control etc then trying to work through a 6607 fault code >_<

Anyway, its pretty straightforward marc and once you get the nack of a G50 its pretty easy as it is very intuitive.

The G50 should be in the 'running' mode whereby you can control specific units/groups/set up schedules/check for malfunctions. To get into the 'settings' mode, you need to return to the main menu and hold the up and down arrows for about 4 or 5 seconds.

From here you can enter into the address settings menu and go through each specific group which will have 1 or more units attached to it.

For example Group 1 (G01) could have 2 units attached to it - 1 and 2 and the remote controller address would be 101. (lowest address setting - on the local remote controller it would be dip switched to 01 and obviously electronically address 01 and 02)

I would try and find where address 15 and 16 were in which group on the G50.

Once you have made your changes. Simply go back to the main menu and hold the up and down arrows again whereby you'll be met with a lengthy 'Initial setting - please wait' message. Takes between 5 and 10minutes after fiddling about with address'

Hope this helps a little bit. I know im pretty shat at explaining things :p Im sure there are others who can shed a bit more light