PDA

View Full Version : LG split system fan cont. trouble shooting

ianv
31-08-2004, 01:19 PM
I hoping to be helped with an LG split system model LS-K2463HL the evap. fan cuts out for a few seconds, then starts again. Is there a self diagnosis function or a reset proceedure for the fan speed control module? The fan speed varies when set on a set speed, other than that it is operating fine.
Any suggestions?

Coolie
14-10-2004, 04:44 PM
How's the capacitor? See that it is within about 10% of the rating and check that there is no continuity from the pins to the casing of the cap!
Just a suggestion.

eggs
14-10-2004, 06:30 PM
Are you aware if the "Chaos Swing" function on lg units ?
Seriously, they have a setting, said to mimic a fresh air breeze.
This is done by randomly moving the louvres and altering the fan speed.
I can't remember which button it is on the controller, but one of them will switch it off.
This is not a wind up, and it could be the cure to your problem.

cheers

eggs

ianv
17-10-2004, 12:39 PM
Thanks, I am aware of the Chaos program and it is not this. It is as if the programing for the fan speed control has gone haywire. It only happens on heat which is ok as its now coming into summer. :rolleyes: Ill probably sort it next year in the cooler months. :cool:

frank
17-10-2004, 02:12 PM
If it only happens on heating mode then look closely at the coil sensor. This holds the fan off until the coil is up to temp so that cold draughts are not blown around the room. Faulty connection springs to mind :rolleyes:

aqeel
03-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks, I am aware of the Chaos program and it is not this. It is as if the programing for the fan speed control has gone haywire. It only happens on heat which is ok as its now coming into summer. :rolleyes: Ill probably sort it next year in the cooler months. :cool:
Hi I have LG Split Ac and from indoor unit their are too much air sound like i am on mountain please help me how to controll it

sork
05-06-2009, 06:11 PM
hi ianv if you have access to internet, lol go to lg multi codes or similar and download codes, it will give you hints
LG Air Conditioning Universal & Multi Split Fault Codes Sheet

nike123
05-06-2009, 07:12 PM

You probably have refrigerant leak. Find technician which will recover and weigh refrigerant amount in system and if it is lower than on nameplate, or if you have excessive pipe length. Than, if refrigerant is lower amount than necessary, he need to find and repair where it is leaked or charge additional refrigerant if pipes are longer than it is unit pre-charged for.

ianv
07-06-2009, 04:46 AM
thanks fellas, i have it fixed, a new PC board and alls ok, it looks like it may be a common prob however bods not knowing how it should operate accept the problem as normal.
alls well for now.
oh and the high wind problem mentioned may be that the fan needs cleaning. i did it when i had the evap unit apart and it is much quieter now.
Thanks for the input.
Ianv

unicorn77
01-02-2011, 04:31 PM
its normal if you put on auto mode for blower fan.