PDA

View Full Version : frigidaire comp running but not cooling

dingle87
01-08-2009, 07:26 PM
hi guys,
i have a frigidaire fridge/freezer. model number FRH 223.
my problem is the compressor is running but it doesnt seem to be as cold as it should be. i can set the thermostat as low as number 3, and it seems the compressor would just run forever.

discharge pipe on comp seems to be pretty hot, suction seem quite cool.

although it sounds like its short of gas i cant see any signs of a leak.

also, the fridge isnt fan assisted.
cheers in advance.

Peter_1
01-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Just looked to your first post where some tried to help you with your Daikin BSbox back in 2008.
You never replied to the help which was offered by the members.
You never came back to give information how you solved the problem to help others.
Now I read your second post and this one is even more head scratching than the first one: if you're an AC engineer (and a long time member of this site), then you should know that you first have to do proper measurements on every refrigeration systems and diagnose it.
I can't help, but I have a strong feeling you only come here when you are in troubles asking for very basic stuff.
If you're qualified, you should have diagnose your fridge much further before asking your questions here.
Sorry, I couldn't resist.:mad:

dingle87
01-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Well thanks for that helpful post, I wasn't aware that I was supposed to come back and give a complete rundown of how I got it fixed. If anyone would like to HELP with the information I have provided, it would be much appreciated. I'll make sure I let you know if your info was useful ;)

marc5180
02-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Sorry but i have to agree with Peter.
If someone is kind enough to try and help you with your problem the least you can do is update the thread this way if anyone ever has the same problem as you and they do a search on the site they will find your thread and how to fix it.

Are you a refrigeration engineer? If so then the information you have provided is not enough for anyone to diagnose properly.

Are the coils clean? What are your pressures/temps? What amps is the compressor pulling compared to the nameplate? Superheat and Subcooling are few you need to come back with.