PDA

View Full Version : 06DR Oil disapearing

Robert Wassberg
30-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Hello, I wonder if someone had the same experience as me. Carlyle 06DR228 that looses oil in the crankcase while running, tripping on oil diff pressure switch, while standstill oil comes back into the crankcase. The oil is being trapped in the motor compartment. The compressor is out of the system, and has been cleaned on the inside, there was some dirt in the check valve that is positioned between the housing of the motor and the crankcase, oil pressure regulator, oil suction strainer. cleaning this didnīt correct the problem. Can someone guide me?
Iīm thinking mainbearing seal is busted?
Is it possible to replace?

Thanks in advance

GHAZ
31-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Hi robert the compressor piston rings or the cylinder bore is worn its pumping oil out faster then it can return. you always get about 1/2 liter to a litre of oil in suction cover of the compressor, just to check that the bearings are ok your oil pressure should be about 11 psi with old style oil pump and 15psi with new style pump minimium, any problems on overhaul or stripping components let me know and will help

Robert Wassberg
02-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi GHAZ, thanks. I will check the piston rings, this is probably whats wrong with it, it came to my knowledge after I posted the thread that oil was seen floating on top of the refrigerant in the tube and shell condenser (layer of 2-3 mm). But it still worries me that the oil is "leaking"
into the motor side. If Iīm correct the oil is supposed to through the oil pump to the crank and on to the main bearing and from there to the pressure regulator and in to the crankcase. But it seems it "leaking" through main bearing to the motor side, and get stuck there. I ight be wrong can you point me in the right direction. Thanks, Robert

lowcool
02-08-2009, 01:19 PM
change the bugger or rebuild?she aint no good no more

Eeram
02-08-2009, 05:49 PM
Is there an oil seperator in the system?

D.D.KORANNE
03-08-2009, 01:01 PM
oil pressure control trip off suggests con rods, bearings wear .