PDA

View Full Version : Help with an ice cream freezer

secmeton
28-07-2009, 11:43 PM
I have a freezer that is 29ft long x 43 inches width and 8 ft height it is supposed to reach 0 or less degrees F beccause it is for ice cream . It had a three fan evaporator, but it is not working well it reaches only 18 degrees F. I think it is because the circulation of the air is not appropiate. The compressor is a hermetic Copeland 3 Hp, 404. I was thinking of placing two evaporators with just one fan facing each other on each end of the box. But I am not completely sure if it is going to work. Can you hep me with suggestions please.

Gary
29-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Has it worked in the past?... or is this something you are designing?

secmeton
29-07-2009, 03:22 AM
Yes , the owner said that it reached 0 degrees farenheit with two evaporators of one fan each one. Another technician came and put the evaporator with three fans, but it is not working well. I know the dimensions of the box are weird, I dont know who design that box, but I want to know ssome ideas or sugestions to make it work. The Compressor is CF12K6E TF5 970 COPELAND, the evaporator has a expansion valve of 2tons. Thanks

lowcool
29-07-2009, 06:10 AM
without knowledge of condensing unit and evap heat loads at what ambient temperature or any gauge pressures on what refrigerant.i would say that condensing unit is to small 3 hp to 2 tons of refrigeration given that 1 ton of refrig is equal to around 3.5 kw from memory.7kw load is to much for 3 hp i would think
some figures would be lovely

secmeton
29-07-2009, 10:03 PM
Actual freezer :

img228.imageshack.us/img228/375/freezer01.jpg

I was thinking of this design:

img228.imageshack.us/img228/8577/freezer02.jpg

I think one big problem is the ventilation. I would like to know your suggestions. Can I use the same condenser unit? and what kind of evaporators of one fan each one? because it is only 43 inches widht and what about the expansion valves. It is for ice cream and it should be around -20 F.
The condesnser unit and the box are both outside. Help me please

secmeton
29-07-2009, 10:04 PM
just copy and paste the links in a new page. The forum does not allow me to put pictures yet

lowcool
30-07-2009, 04:55 AM
if there are no figures where does one start.its only supposition at the moment.

help us help you

secmeton
30-07-2009, 06:37 PM
you gotta copy the links that begin with "img " and paste them in a new window to be able to see the pictures

Gary
30-07-2009, 06:59 PM
Are there no refrigeration schools in your area? Your profile says that you are an apprentice. I doubt that. Your level of refrigeration knowledge seems far below that of an apprentice.

chiller man
30-07-2009, 10:26 PM
You said it worked ok with a two fan evap. Why was that changed?

secmeton
30-07-2009, 11:34 PM
I dont know. Another technician came and changed it because it onyl reached 0 in winter

tonyelian
03-08-2009, 08:30 PM
hi
it seems that u have a large tev 2 ton is too big for ur condensing unit it needs less then 1 ton&we need evaporator capacity if its more than one ton it doesnt work more info more help&good luck

Brendon86
07-08-2009, 03:04 PM
To be completely honest with you I would call a different company and get another opinion. There could be anything wrong with the system that you cannot see that is making it not work efficiently. We can all sit here in the forum and discuss the problem but unfortunately (well fortunate because it keeps us in a job) refrigeration is a very difficult trade to do well. I know i'm only 23 but i have had 5 years experience on my own and have learn't that a good diagnosis of a system has to be done in person. Take a little time to watch the system run. Put both your gauges on not just the low side like some techs do. Check your temperature differences. If you post all this information then maybe we can help a little more.

An apprenitice should be able to tell us - refrigerant type - saturated suction temp - saturated condensing temp - ambient temp - room temp - superheat & subcooling.