PDA

View Full Version : Mini Blue pumps

stevo
28-07-2009, 11:31 AM
I was reading a thread from last year re the above pumps failing !(sensor type) and wondered if anyone has had any further problems since the have been modified ?

exotiic
28-07-2009, 12:03 PM
They're recently newish to Australia, we started using them here about 2 years ago. Firstly they only had the wired control without sensors, simply letting the system know when cooling was in operation which was only useful with systems which had a dedicated cooling wire signal. All of those that we put in have been replaced as they ended up burning out due to overworking when dry. Charles Austin stated they were able to run 24hours even when there was no condensation. They didn't.

The replacement sensor signal systems have not been yet replaced though there are two installations in which when running they provide a gargling or tapping noise constantly in operation. The outlet is only 1m above condensate outlet from indoor unit as soon as pump is in operation on cooling cycle, it sounds as if water is dripping inside the unit. I have found that it is happening as there is little water to dispel and as such the suction is running slightly dry, creating the sucking, tapping dripping noise. If i fill the drain tray in the unit with water it will run silent but when the water is pumped out it starts tapping again. Charles Austin offer no help what so ever in Australia. Our supplier BOC have tried on our behalf and Charles Austin contacted me once from England to discuss but never provided any help to me or to BOC. Still havent been able to solve it.

stevo
28-07-2009, 12:17 PM
They're recently newish to Australia, we started using them here about 2 years ago. Firstly they only had the wired control without sensors, simply letting the system know when cooling was in operation which was only useful with systems which had a dedicated cooling wire signal. All of those that we put in have been replaced as they ended up burning out due to overworking when dry. Charles Austin stated they were able to run 24hours even when there was no condensation. They didn't.

The replacement sensor signal systems have not been yet replaced though there are two installations in which when running they provide a gargling or tapping noise constantly in operation. The outlet is only 1m above condensate outlet from indoor unit as soon as pump is in operation on cooling cycle, it sounds as if water is dripping inside the unit. I have found that it is happening as there is little water to dispel and as such the suction is running slightly dry, creating the sucking, tapping dripping noise. If i fill the drain tray in the unit with water it will run silent but when the water is pumped out it starts tapping again. Charles Austin offer no help what so ever in Australia. Our supplier BOC have tried on our behalf and Charles Austin contacted me once from England to discuss but never provided any help to me or to BOC. Still havent been able to solve it.

Thanks for your reply. Do the sensor type switch off OK ? you say they havn't been replaced yet ! have these been installed for two years then ?
I have to install one in a little used study ! so ac is used infrequently......Thanks....Steve

exotiic
28-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Gday Steve,

The sensor type switch off and on ok with the cooling temp. The earliest of the sensor type ones is probably about 15 months old so we haven't reached the 2 year mark yet. The wired signal type didnt last that long unfortunately, but that was due to being unable to cycle off as Charles Austin said they were able to be wired to inverters and run continuously but they couldnt ultimately.

I dont see a problem for your use in a spoaradically used study, should be fine.

stevo
28-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Gday Steve,

The sensor type switch off and on ok with the cooling temp. The earliest of the sensor type ones is probably about 15 months old so we haven't reached the 2 year mark yet. The wired signal type didnt last that long unfortunately, but that was due to being unable to cycle off as Charles Austin said they were able to be wired to inverters and run continuously but they couldnt ultimately.

I dont see a problem for your use in a spoaradically used study, should be fine.

Cheers mate ! will give it a go ! must be better than the current little giant perestaltic which runs backwards ! :eek: We were told you cannot run a signal type pump on an inverter ! guess they al ways have a voltage present which keeps the pump running all the time ! I have been looking at the edc limpet pump which looks a bit neater than say the aspen hi lift etc & has a good pumping head. It also has a safety switch which is rated at 5 amps, so maybe you could wire this into the supply for a small duty inverter ! i need to speak to the tecnical dept to see if this is viable ! I must say i hate calls involving a leaking ac unit ! they always seem to be over a desk or in a bedroom.
regards.....Steve

Prince Vaillant
29-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Have you considered the Aspen Mini Blanc as an option?

Yuri B.
29-07-2009, 04:07 PM
without sensors....had a dedicated cooling wire signal. All of those that we put in have been replaced as they ended up burning out due to overworking when dry.

Charles Austin stated they were able to run 24hours even when there was no condensation. They didn't

After cooling signal is off sensorless Mini Blue runs 3 min and then off too. Why switch it the way that it is working (24 h) - without condensation? And without condensation pump cannot be said to be overwoked, rather other way; and it burns because water provides some cooling or lubrication. I would like to hear more opinions about Mini blues pumps.

stevo
29-07-2009, 04:37 PM
After cooling signal is off sensorless Mini Blue runs 3 min and then off too. Why switch it the way that it is working (24 h) - without condensation? And without condensation pump cannot be said to be overwoked, rather other way; and it burns because water provides some cooling or lubrication. I would like to hear more opinions about Mini blues pumps.

They run on for 20mins according to the literature ! i have to fit one tommorow so will report back... :)

exotiic
31-07-2009, 09:59 AM

The system ran continuously as was connected to the power supply of the AC unit and thus was in operation everytime the AC was in operation. The connection cables were the active, neutral, cooling signal and earth and the cooling signal was instructed to be connected with the active on the inverter units. I understand about the need for the lubrication and agree, yet we were advised to operate the units in this way which ultimately led to having to be replaced with the newer cooling/heating sensor models.

Blue Diamond
19-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Hi, I'm Andy Green, the Product Manager for Blue Dimaond Pumps, we manufacture the Mini Blue. If you want to discuss anything regarding the pumps I'm more than happy to do so.....

stevo
20-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Hi, I'm Andy Green, the Product Manager for Blue Dimaond Pumps, we manufacture the Mini Blue. If you want to discuss anything regarding the pumps I'm more than happy to do so.....

Hi Andy

Would be interested in the failure rate of these pumps ?

exotiic
20-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Hi Stevo,

We use to use the Mini-Blue pumps and I can tell you our failure rate was to the present day 80%. WE only have two that remain within jobs and as they fail we put other brands in as it simply costs too much money too keep going back with no support here either.

stevo
21-06-2010, 05:57 PM
Hi Stevo,

We use to use the Mini-Blue pumps and I can tell you our failure rate was to the present day 80%. WE only have two that remain within jobs and as they fail we put other brands in as it simply costs too much money too keep going back with no support here either.
---------------------------------------------

Wow that's a high rate of failure !! :eek: pehaps Andy Green could comment on why there is such a high failure rate with these mini blue pumps ?

exotiic
22-06-2010, 12:42 PM
t was ridiculous to be honest and our supplier BOC stopped bringing them in because of the lack of any customer support from Charles Austin. There is supposed to be a new one out Maxi Blue which which has been tested and is supposed to be much better who new stockists have applauded but am waiting to try out.

Blue Diamond
19-08-2011, 02:27 PM
t was ridiculous to be honest and our supplier BOC stopped bringing them in because of the lack of any customer support from Charles Austin. There is supposed to be a new one out Maxi Blue which which has been tested and is supposed to be much better who new stockists have applauded but am waiting to try out.

An 80% failure rate would have driven us out of business years ago and we would certainly not have grown year on year in the condensate market at the rate we have for the last 12 years, we would have claims coming at us from all over the world if this was the case - to date we have never had a claim made against us.

We manufacture in the UK and I've personally flown over and visited BOC in Sydney to met with them together with our distributor in Australia so am surprised at the comments made regarding our service to them. This is being looked into...

Exotiic - what was the problem you had? Happy to see if I can help out at all.

install monkey
20-08-2011, 01:59 PM
hi blue diamond,ive had problems with the mini blue, fitted some daikin ururu sarara units which have a dehum function. as the sensor type pumps only operate at a +6 deg diff the driptrays were overflowing.as this unit has a steam hose of 28mm od there is no room to fit a sump/float within the wall mount.what are the chances of being to incorporate a float within an inoac 90deg bend like mini lime do.
or a set of sensors that have a closer differential.maybe a potentiometer to trim the overrun down from 20mins to 3-5 like most others.
2mth ago i had my first mini blue fail,i discovered that the machine room that i fitted the ac in sprays out a fin oily mist,creating globs of oil within the condensate.the pump failed within a week of fitting.
i replaced it with a 2ltr sauermann-tank pump and its been ok ,ive had no feedback regarding if the warranty is valid? was bought from tfs stockport.
An 80% failure rate would have driven us out of business years ago and we would certainly not have grown year on year in the condensate market at the rate we have for the last 12 years, we would have claims coming at us from all over the world if this was the case - to date we have never had a claim made against us.

We manufacture in the UK and I've personally flown over and visited BOC in Sydney to met with them together with our distributor in Australia so am surprised at the comments made regarding our service to them. This is being looked into...

Exotiic - what was the problem you had? Happy to see if I can help out at all.