PDA

View Full Version : System contamination diagnose tips

teguh
28-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Hello All,
Any body have idea/ tips to diagnose refrigeration system contaminated or not?? Without acid tester.

Rgds

reefermechanic
28-07-2009, 07:38 AM
Hello All,
Any body have idea/ tips to diagnose refrigeration system contaminated or not?? Without acid tester.

Rgds

hi teguh,

how are you.I hope you fine..If you want you can try with nitrogen.Nitrogen dries and cleans the system..

See you

reefer mechanic.

abbsnowman
28-07-2009, 03:41 PM
A proper tester is always the way to go but compressor oil color is also a good sign of whats going on in there.

taz24
29-07-2009, 01:26 AM
Hello All,

Rgds

Hi.

Oil colour and thickness is a good guide.
The sight glass if fitted.
The smell of the oil and refrigerant.
TEV failure do to moisture.
Blockages to filter dryers.
Compressor failures

If you are prepared to strip the comp (if it is possible) then look for copper deposits on the shiny metal bits.

All the best taz.

A/C MAX
29-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Hello All,

Rgds

Presion reading could be another easy way

RGDS

teguh
31-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Dear All,
Thank for your reply. I think Your ideas are possible if did at depot with empty box.

I have experience Daikin ( LXE10E ) unit was problem on cooling which unit was stacked at port with full cargo. Suction pressure suddently drop to vacuum after 10 minutes run. Not found problem of temp sensors and pressure transducer reading.

I tried to replace some spare parts ( micro controller, Main relay board, EEV coil ) but not change conditon.

Then I checked refrig liquid indicator. There is yellow colour. I think contamination in system.

Then system was evacuated and clean up with vacuum pump for 2 hrs. Finally, unit back to normally run. However, the liq indicator still yellow colour. not change to green.

Confusing. Why the indicator still in yellow?

Rgds
Teguh

The Fox
05-08-2009, 03:22 PM
sounds as though your system is wet.have you tried to evacuate using a micron gauge?, vac down to 500 microns, new drier will proberbly be ok

lowcool
06-08-2009, 01:39 AM
sightglass is only an indicator,if its yellow its telling you moisture may be present,the only true way to find out is to conduct an acid test.i have sightglasses remain yellow at 200 microns and only changed colour after running when charged.or stayed yellow.freeze ups in multi tx valve single system from moisture with a green indicator still

mohansingh71
06-08-2009, 07:10 AM
can we arrange the enternal data ( softeare) of vrv toshiba on line or who is the help us to solving the problems and alarm is gernated , duplicate indoor address. indoor communication error. and communation failure

DL A/C
06-08-2009, 06:11 PM