PDA

View Full Version : low oil pressure different alarm

jurekorgurek
26-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi all,

our chiller was alarm low oil different pressure. I put reset alarm. it is continue running and after that It tripped. Is this critical problem. And My mistake why don't stop chiller when It is alarm right?

please let me understand and how can I explain and any solving method for this issue.

Many thanks :rolleyes:

Yuri B.
26-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Hi.
It is indeed a very critical alarm.

Maybe compressor lost its oil.
Maybe something wrong with the oil pump and it is unable to do its work good.
Maybe simply oil filter is clogged and needs change.

Give the model of the unit and of the compressor, and possibly other members will advise you in more details as to how to eliminate the fault.

Yuri B.
26-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Or maybe simply the pressure diff relay is faulty, or its capillar get clogged.

taz24
26-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Hi all,

our chiller was alarm low oil different pressure. I put reset alarm. it is continue running and after that It tripped. Is this critical problem. And My mistake why don't stop chiller when It is alarm right?

please let me understand and how can I explain and any solving method for this issue.

Many thanks :rolleyes:

Hello.

The oil alarm works on a positive oil pressure if the pressure drops for a set period of time (either 60, 90 or 120 seconds) then the alarm triggers and stops the comp from running thus protecting it from harm.

I doubt you will have done it any harm ressting it once but do not do it again because there is a problem and it does need checking out.

Hopfully it is just a blocked filter and dirty oil.

It will need looking at though by sombody who has the correct tools and experience to do the job safely and correctly.

All the best taz.

jurekorgurek
27-07-2009, 03:09 AM
Thank very much taz24 & YuriB,

I am less experience in refrigeration field. Thank for your advise, So if you have the list of alarms or some alarm often happen & how to solve it. (action, reset, check, change).
Many thanks.

Hi Taz 24,
as you advise, I can reset but only one time, if it is happen again. I should be stopped and check out the filter, sensor...
is that true?
thanks.

lowcool
27-07-2009, 06:39 AM
do you keep driving your car if the oil light is on,or check level of oil and top up if required,if light is still on do you keep driving or get a mechanic to check and remedy the situation.
only my opinion of course.

D.D.KORANNE
27-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Low oil pressure is indeed critical to the compressor. However , in such an event , compressor needs to be shut down as it would damage it. As i understand it correctly , the compressor is not tripping , is it ? However , its control circuit can be altered to trip off the compressor

sedgy
27-07-2009, 12:58 PM
to test the oil diff swith, remove the 3ph fuses feeding the compressor, swich on, comp contactor energizes < is everything running but the comp,? test the time before the system trips out,

subb-zero
29-07-2009, 08:17 AM
First of all, are you getting any oil pressure? if so what is your oil pressure on the gauge? You should check these pointers as liquid could also do this.

Lowrider
30-07-2009, 09:15 PM
What's the make and model of the chiller?