PDA

View Full Version : F Gas Log Books

R1976
24-07-2009, 07:55 AM
Hi

We are using a sheet similar to Defra's example but it is not great. There are not enough spaces for leak teak test dates and each sheet will be full after 2 years.

I am wondering if we can supply this sheet and on each maintenance visit write on the engineers report sheet 'all systems leak checked'.

Has anyone got a better way of record keeping?

Argus
24-07-2009, 09:09 AM

DEFRA's example is one that shows a typical format with the minimum information needed to comply with the F Gas laws.

That's all it is - an example.

You could make your own in excel, say, and add as many field as you think appropriate for the equipment, then extend it over time to show what you have done on each visit. You can add as much space as you need.

jdunc2301
26-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I opened the example sheet in word rather than pdf, you can add a few extra spaces to the boxes to fit more stuff in. The example i have now is about 4 pages long.

R1976
28-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Do you think we really need to fill in this log book/sheet for every system, every time a maintenance visit is carried out. If you have given the customer a report which reads 'all systems leak checked' this should suffice.

I find companies are doing it in different ways and none seem to compare very well.

Argus
28-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Do you think we really need to fill in this log book/sheet for every system, every time a maintenance visit is carried out. ..............

In a word - yes, if you do anything to open the system, add or remove refrigerant or carry out a mandatory leak check.

There's a great deal of detail on DEFRA and BERR's web sites.

Start with this page that tells you what reporting is necessary:

http://www.defra.gov.uk/environment/air-atmos/fgas/comply/records.htm

It is your customer's responsibility (he's the 'operator') to make sure that the records are kept, but he's paying you to do the work and provide the information.

It's your name and your company's, together with your registration details that should appear on the records each time you do something to the system.

spimps
25-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Would have thought that Defra should have issued the form free so that everyone works of the same sheet then we are all doing the same record keeping.
Have hardly met one comsumer who knows their responsibility in this,always ends up me pointing them to the legislation.