PDA

View Full Version : Electrolux ECM 3057 chest freezer

paul_h
24-07-2009, 01:49 AM
I've got one of these freezers that has a damaged PCB (water damage as it was outside in the rain and water got into the handle where the PCB is)
No one in australia has heard of this model though, so I can't get a new PCB from electrolux here.
The model exists, and what I need is this http://www.keepingupappliances.com/acatalog/PCB-Module__980.html

I've found the user manual too http://www.serviceforce.co.uk/pdfs/U23416.pdf

But has anyone got a service manual or electronics diagram so I can get this PCB repaired?

Thanks.

tonto33
25-07-2009, 01:59 PM
I use QER.BIZ or EMW they should be able to repair the board for you

lowcool
26-07-2009, 01:05 AM
maybe fit a controller in the machine compartment as second option

paul_h
03-08-2009, 05:04 AM
Not really worth going to the trouble of a whole new control system for a chest freezer.

Can anyone get a electronics schematic diagram for the PCB or am I SOL?

lowcool
04-08-2009, 12:51 PM
whack a mechanical stat in for a third option maybe

paul_h
04-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Yeah maybe I'll do that if the owner is desperate to get this thing going.
Electrolux replied today saying the "Dometic" handle some of their commercial stuff and may be able to help, I'll see how that goes. Otherwise like you said, hook up a mechancial thermostat to the compressor.

Looks like the zener diodes have crapped themselves on this PCB to me (but I am not an expert on electronics) what's the odds on finding replacements without any info (ie without a diagram or being able to read anything of the diodes themselves as they are just charcoal black) for any electronic tech?

Frikkie
04-08-2009, 07:30 PM
If the diodes are really burned and you have not a pcb schematic or circuit drawing then chances are not good unless you know where is one working one and try to steal the information. Maybe one person reading this could help you but unfortunately I don't have one the same.