PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Cold Stuff
23-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Can sumone tell me what info i need to figure out how many tons of refrigeration im getting out of my NH3 compressors.

US Iceman
23-07-2009, 02:57 AM
Basically, you need to know the compressor model number, the suction & discharge pressure, and have the manufacturers rating tables.

The tables list the specific compressor model for ranges of suction temperatures and discharge temperatures. You have to be careful of the terminology. What someone calls the evaporating temperature on the chart is the suction temperature. What they call the condensing temperature is actually the discharge temperature.

The temperatures listed are saturated.

There is usually some fine print on the page somewhere that informs you of degrees of subcooling and/or suction superheat.

If you use the data from the tables you will be fairly close to what you are getting.

If the screw compressor has a side port piped up your mileage may vary. The side port ratings provided are for economizer use only, not side loads.

Cold Stuff
23-07-2009, 03:19 AM
Thanks ive got the numbers will have to contact manufacture and get the charts.Thanks again