PDA

View Full Version : Short of Gas in R404 serve over

shills33
22-07-2009, 01:13 PM
I recently went to a job and found 2 seperate condensers short of gas, I also found the condensers blocked with dust and flour as they were in a bakery the gas was R404a, I leak testedthe system and found no leaks in the system so weighed in my gas a they ran perfectly, I was wondering due to the blocked condensers I know this might be stupid but would the gas boil off and is that why there is a shortage of gas as there was def no leaks in the system.

multisync
22-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I presume you reclaimed it out so it's a simple matter of out v in difference isn't it?

However gas doen't boil off liquid does, but yes if it can't condense then it can't boil off again..

shills33
22-07-2009, 01:40 PM
Sorry yes I did reclaim so there is a possibility the liquid could boil of

Haden4ever
27-07-2009, 01:17 PM
regardless of the state of the refrigerant there should be the same amount in as was originally charged unless there is a leak, some cowboys will let charge out to lower head pressures rather than looking at the cause, ie blocked condenser, poor ventilation etc, maybe that's what happened?

marc5180
29-07-2009, 08:41 PM
I recently went to a job and found 2 seperate condensers short of gas, I also found the condensers blocked with dust and flour as they were in a bakery the gas was R404a, I leak testedthe system and found no leaks in the system so weighed in my gas a they ran perfectly, I was wondering due to the blocked condensers I know this might be stupid but would the gas boil off and is that why there is a shortage of gas as there was def no leaks in the system.

If the condensors were blocked then you wouldnt get good heat rejection so the discharge vapour may not fully condense in the condensor, meaning you would get liquid and vapour at your metering device.

jdunc2301
29-07-2009, 09:43 PM
if you have a severely blocked condenser you might have some micro leaks on the system that cant handle the high HP. I would re charge system with arglow leak dye to cover yourself and show up any leaks in the future if no pressure drop seen using OFN.

:D

D.D.KORANNE
30-07-2009, 12:57 PM
If condenser was blocked and yet could put in more gas could mean micro leaks which could surface later .
If the refrigerant has not leaked out , system would refuse to accept further gas as it would reflect on discharge pressure