PDA

View Full Version : Hotpoint Mistral Plus - Fridge Freezer

cozzie121
22-07-2009, 09:36 AM
hello, i could do with some technical help if anyone can offer some?

I have a Hotpoint Mistral Plus - Fridge Freezer with the same temperature problems, fridge doesn't cool, sits around +20c but the freezer works just fine.

I ordered a thermistor for the fridge and took off the back section inside the freezer which according to the numerous posts, is where the wire needs replaced. There was 2 thermistors in this section, 1 for the freezer temp and 1 attached to the metal grill thing (forgive the technical terms!).

The thermistor i received from whitegoods.co.uk was too short or too long to replace either of these ones in the freezer, so i began to think, how would these thermistors control the temperature of the fridge if they are both in the freezer, so..........

Into the fridge, took of the light unit housing and voila, another thermistor, this one was connected to a board sitting at the back of the front display panel, which i had to lift off the top of the fridge! However the thermistor I recieved did not have the same plug attachment size, it was yellow though.

The fridge has been turned off 36 hours, when i took of the panels and light unit, there was no visible build up of ice and the fan spins freely, the fridge buzzes and burbles a bit when it is cooling but nothing that sounds serious.

Does anyone know which thermistors i should replace in the off-chance i can get this working again. Not having a fridge is a real pain in the a*se

Bill po1
18-05-2010, 09:39 PM
Hi. Am having similar problems. Have replaced the fridge thermister, freezer thermister and evaporator thermister. Freezer cooling down nicely, but fridge ay +23!!Can anybody help?

tb637
19-05-2010, 04:29 PM
hi, i had the same problem once, i changed both the thermistors in the freezer but the temp. for the fridge was still reading +22. when i took it apart i found that the plugs on the thermistors one yellow and one green had loose connections. i made sure they were tight and no more trouble. everytime i have a mistral with this problem it's always been the thermistors. hope this helps

LFNFan
15-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Hi

would appreciate any tips on how to get the top off this fridge! I want to fit a replacement fridge thermistor but I can't get the top off the fridge, for the life of me :confused:

many thanks!

Ricky B
13-09-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi. Am having similar problems. Have replaced the fridge thermister, freezer thermister and evaporator thermister. Freezer cooling down nicely, but fridge ay +23!!Can anybody help?

I think I know what the problem is.
did you a tink tink noise just before the fridge stoped working?
at the back of the freezer is a fan that is iced up so it is not blowing cold air into the fridge.
You have to remove the baskets, basket runners and remove the screws holding the back panel on.
be carefull here as there is a thermostat laying across front of the panel remove it out of the clips then off the panel.
the panel should have a large block of ice on it remove it gently so that you dont damage the insulation, dry it off then put it all back together in the reversre order
jobs a goodon

casablanca
14-09-2010, 09:46 AM
if the frezer -22 and fridge +25 more or less .change fan evap and it will work .<No free advertising please>

busytucker
16-09-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi,
my Hotpoint Mistral Plus is really noisy.
It's driving me nuts echoing round the kitchen! Someone PLEASE help :rolleyes:

thank-you.

tonto33
16-09-2010, 05:08 PM
what sort of noise? ice build round fan? compressor knocking? pcb relay rattling? need to narrow it down abit to where u think noise is coming from

busytucker
18-09-2010, 11:47 PM
It's a circulation noise inside the fridge part.
It stops when the fridge door is open and restarts right away when closed.
It sounds like a whirring noise, like a motor.

Can you help?

tonto33
19-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Need to check fan in freezer compartment 1st