PDA

View Full Version : Coolerado A/C

Fett
22-07-2009, 03:02 AM
I do not know exactly how this unit works. They say it runs on 600Watts or less. Also they are available with solar panels. From what I surmise it is just a swamp cooler (evaporative cooler) that manages to seperate the air that gets saturated with moisture from the air that goes into the conditioned space.

Is this new tech or not?

Has anyone seen, repaired, or installed one of these? Do they operate good?

www.coolerado.com (http://www.coolerado.com)

crit71
22-07-2009, 11:24 PM
It's just a posh evaporative cooler.....my experience of them is not good one I'm affraid.

TRASH101
23-07-2009, 12:50 AM
The way I see it is that it has very limited applications for a couple of reasons-

1) the air off dry bulb temp. is never going to get more than a couple of degrees cooler than the water bath temp.
2) the air on db temp. needs to considerably higher than the water bath temp. while the wb temp needs to be low enough to allow sufficient evaporation to take place to have a noticable effect on the product air.
3) the air handling capability of the system is very restrictive i.e. requires 2 cubic metres of air to get 1 cubic metre of product air and I think thats without the pressure drop across their HX.

TRASH101
23-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Is this new tech or not?

Has anyone seen, repaired, or installed one of these? Do they operate good?

The application is new tech.

It wouldn't be much good over here for A/C but might be alright for high(ish) temp process air cooling. But in Arizona it might be as good as they say. Don't forget the legionella and other nasties if you give it a try.

Fett
23-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Well the only thing that interested me about it is that it can be solar powered, but if it also works decently then that is also a bonus. Honestly 600Watts? That is less power than my home computer uses.

If you watch the first video where he is using that small demonstration. He says the incoming air temp is 155 degrees F and the product air is 55 degrees F.

The humidity here in Arizona never gets above 50% unless its raining ofcourse... and even that is rare.

Right now it is 98 degrees F with 36% humidity at noon. By 3pm today it'll probably be around 20% because it will get a lot hotter later in the day.

TRASH101
23-07-2009, 08:21 PM
600Watts? That is less power than my home computer uses.

What computer are you running:D

Fett
24-07-2009, 02:51 AM
What computer are you running:D

A home build one that I play games on.

Here check this out.

http://www.idalex.com/technology/index.htm

Magoo
24-07-2009, 03:02 AM
Fett, in Arizona with low RH they run like a dream. Same in central Australia, every house has a swamp box cooler. Not new tech., uses low wet bulb temp to cool the air. The 600 watts would be the fan and water pump power consumption, add a truck load of water per day.

Fett
24-07-2009, 04:48 AM
Fett, in Arizona with low RH they run like a dream. Same in central Australia, every house has a swamp box cooler. Not new tech., uses low wet bulb temp to cool the air. The 600 watts would be the fan and water pump power consumption, add a truck load of water per day.

Did you look at the web site? They are not swamp coolers.

Fett
06-05-2010, 01:34 AM
--BuMp--

They added a new model to their line-up.

:)

Drakill Tannan
07-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Hey.

I just registered in this forums precicely to learn about coolerado. What i can find on the net makes it sound too good to be true, so i imagine there is a dark flaw somewhere on the design.

I'm looking at the coolerado as a cheaper alternative to hvac for conditioning a storage. Said storage would be in a port city near the equator, wich basically means high temperatures and lots of humidity. However, from what i could gather, coolerado will not work "efficiently" in said conditions, although it is supposed to still be good and cheap.

Has anyone had any experience with Coolerado under said conditions?

Thanks.