PDA

View Full Version : help needed with sanden unit in mobile catering van

johnboy2004
16-08-2004, 09:29 PM
hi there,

please bare with me i'm new to the forum and not very knowledgeable where refridgeration is concerned.

I have a problem with the refrigeration unit within my refrigerated van. The unit has the name Sanden written on it along with some other info such as YEU 1008 HOE, model code perhaps.

The problem is as follows:- with the key in the ignition and the thermomodule on the dashboard on, the fan within the unit is operational, however, when the engine is started the compressor spins up but then stops and the code P5 or it could be PS, flashes on the control module on the dashboard (an error code of some sort perhaps). The compressor continues to spin up and stop, each time flashing the code P5(PS). This continues until I stop the engine. A label on top of the control module displays various codes and one of them looks very much like PS, however the desciption given underneath is in Japenese.

Is anyone able to shed any light on the code or problem.

I would be eternally grateful.

Many thanks

Brian_UK
16-08-2004, 10:36 PM
Hey, Johnboy, welcome.

Sanden are the manufacturers of the refrig. unit.

The fault code seems is probably a pressure problem; the fact that the compressor spins up and then stops sounds like a refrigerant gas shortage. The compressor runs....the suction pressure then drops below the Low Pressure safety switch and stops the compressor. With the compressor OFF the pressure can thenrise to reset the pressure switch and so on and so on.

Depending on when you last had the unit serviced it is hard to say what size of leak you may have. Bearing in mind that vehicle compressor can leak a small amount of gas at times then you may have now reached the crictical level of gas charge where the unit will not run. You may also have developed a leak in one of the flexible hoses which will result in the same problem.

Look in your Yellow Pages for Vehicle Air Conditioning and get the system looked at.

Reeferjon
17-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Hi Guys.
Brain is quite correct it is a pressure switch, this unit is fitted with both LP and HP (low & High pressure switches), although I can't remember what the code P5 is.
Johnboy, where abouts are you.
John

johnboy2004
17-08-2004, 01:40 PM
thanx Brian for the help. do u think the LP switch itself could be faulty?

Johnboy, where abouts are you.

I'm based in London/Essex.

johnboy2004
17-08-2004, 03:35 PM
further to the answers above, can anyone recommend an inexpensive van refrigeration engineer in the east london area?

Peter_1
17-08-2004, 04:08 PM
An inexpensive one or a good one? ;)

johnboy2004
17-08-2004, 09:42 PM
An inexpensive one or a good one? ;)
I'd be happy to compromise :)

Reeferjon
18-08-2004, 08:47 AM
Unlikley to be LP switch, Sandon pipework is know for its pourosity. As for Engineers, try Marshall TK.
John.

JustinHensen
22-03-2011, 08:50 PM
Hey,

I am totally agree with John. Hope we can make a more better solution of this problem and fix it. I know a caterers London who had to face this type of problem and they fix it easily.

Better luck for you...;)

lowcool
23-03-2011, 02:40 AM
six and a half years and its still occuring ?

JustinHensen
24-03-2011, 08:38 AM
I contact with the caterers London (http://www.capitalcaterers.co.uk/) company and they share their ideas...

djbe
24-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Hey,

I am totally agree with John. Hope we can make a more better solution of this problem and fix it. I know a caterers London who had to face this type of problem and they fix it easily.

Better luck for you...;)

??????????????????