PDA

View Full Version : Testo 523 - What can it do for me?

TaffyLad
21-07-2009, 05:58 PM
I think its time to go digital and so I'm seriously considering the Testo 523.
Just a couple of things I need to clear up first. Does it display the boiling and condensing temperatures of the refrigerants at the given pressure? As I think it'd be a waste of money if I had to keep refering to my comparator.
Second of all, does the 523 link up to a PC/laptop in order to pull up graphs etc?
Any other views or opinions on the 523 would also be appreciated. Thanks

El Padre
22-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Hi Taffylad,
I got hold of the 556 version as I needed to datalog a particular parameter for a chiller for a while, great bit of kit, it took me ages to figure out the software but thats probably just me. I rarely use them to be honest, either paranoid about somebody nicking them and then theres the batteries etc. Great to work with though.

Cheers

marc5180
26-07-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm the same with my yellow jacket digital gauges, i don't use them often because i'm scared of damaging them which is silly because they cost me nearly £600.

djbe
26-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi Taffylad,
I got hold of the 556 version as I needed to datalog a particular parameter for a chiller for a while, great bit of kit, it took me ages to figure out the software but thats probably just me. I rarely use them to be honest, either paranoid about somebody nicking them and then theres the batteries etc. Great to work with though.

Cheers
Reminds me of the RAC show a few years ago when the guy on the Testo stand was extolling the virtues of being able to leave their top unit connected overnight to log the data.

My first response was that is great, as long as you can guarantee it will be there the following day:)