PDA

View Full Version : Discharge head cooling fan necessary?

Andrew45
19-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Lately we replaced a compressor in blast chiller. It was reconditioned Bitzer compressor 6 cylinders 22 kW cooling power. This unit was used only as a hold temperature chiller (+2 C). My question is: because the compressor they send us was without head cooling fan , could we used it at that system or should we wait for a next compressor with the fan fitted on it? Is that fan very important and the compressor really could be damaged because working without it?
thanks

D.D.KORANNE
20-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Head cooling fan is required to keep the discharge end temperatures below 140 deg c .these are needed when the compressor operates on a large comp ratio & compressor`s operating parameters are beyond the operating envelope . Hence check the application ; condensing temp , evap temp & refrigerant used . These parameters can tell you whther you need the fan or not. At times keeping the overall superheat low might help. But best way is to check through bitzer software. If you can communicate these , i can check through bitzer program . Mention the compressor model too .

Andrew45
13-08-2009, 05:24 PM
Sorry for delay. Thank you very much for your answer. I found it easy explained. The fan is needed when compressor works at temperature under 0 Fahrenheit. Simple and easy in this case
regards