PDA

View Full Version : AC installing system

itai
19-07-2009, 10:36 AM
Hi ,
This is a very important question as I got many contradicted answers before till now .

I know that in Israel people who install AC units use to rap the copper pipe with a isolation foam and than rap it with a PVC white tape that holds it altogether .

do you know if this method is being used in other countries as well ? cause I know that today you can buy an already rapped Cooper pipe without the need to rap it at the site .

BR
Itai
-- :)
Itai Matalon

taz24
19-07-2009, 11:27 AM
Hi ,
This is a very important question as I got many contradicted answers before till now .

I know that in Israel people who install AC units use to rap the copper pipe with a isolation foam and than rap it with a PVC white tape that holds it altogether .

do you know if this method is being used in other countries as well ? cause I know that today you can buy an already rapped Cooper pipe without the need to rap it at the site .

BR
Itai
-- :)
Itai Matalon

There are 2 main ways of insulating pipes in the UK.

One is to use lengths of insulation placed onto the pipe while you are installing it.

The other is to use the pre insulated pipe.

Pre insulated pipe is becoming more and more popular.

taz.

itai
19-07-2009, 12:11 PM
There are 2 main ways of insulating pipes in the UK.

One is to use lengths of insulation placed onto the pipe while you are installing it.

The other is to use the pre insulated pipe.

Pre insulated pipe is becoming more and more popular.

taz.

Hi Taz ,
Thanks !!
What tape or other material you do you use when practicing the first method?
BR
Itai

beagle
19-07-2009, 12:41 PM
http://www.anavid.co.il

superswill
19-07-2009, 12:47 PM
or http://www.armacell.com/

many other manufactures are available

beagle
19-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I wasn't advocating any particular manufacturer, it's all much of a muchness these days although we do all still call it "armaflex" in much the same way people call every vacuum ever made a "hoover".

I picked that one out because I remembered they were based in Israel.

superswill
19-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I wasn't advocating any particular manufacturer, it's all much of a muchness these days although we do all still call it "armaflex" in much the same way people call every vacuum ever made a "hoover".

I picked that one out because I remembered they were based in Israel.

beagle the statement was for my own use and not a dig,i always include it when suggesting manufactures on here in order to keep myself on the right side of the sites advertising rules

beagle
19-07-2009, 05:45 PM
no probs mate, I didn't take it as a dig :)

aircon50
22-07-2009, 11:23 PM
Hi Itai
Not sure what is available for you in Israel, but here in Tenerife, Canary Islands we (our company) only now use pre-insulated copper tubing (with white coating). I think that the manufacturer is Italian, but can't remember the name at the moment. We have experienced rapid UVA / UVB degredation of 'Armaflex' or 'Armacell' insulation. It is cheaper to buy (only one product, not two), and installation is much quicker.
Hope this helps
Graham

momo
23-07-2009, 12:36 AM
In Israel you will have the same problem that Aircon50 mentions hence the 2nd wrapping (or painting) an expense most people will not pay for on installation: the results appear 2-3 year laters with exposed pipes... The degradation affects both white insulation and more slowly black "armaflex" type foam. Edit "insulation" not "insultation" ! (oops)

fridgemandan
31-07-2009, 09:33 PM
we always use 2m lengths as it is easier to handle, we call it armoflex but tats just what it was when i was an apprentice, i would use pre insulated, i dont know how it would be to bend properly? i would imagine the only reason it is white is to reflect heat from the pipes in hot countrys