PDA

View Full Version : Warm coolzone fridge

susannah
18-07-2009, 09:24 PM
My Coolzone fridge does not cool at all. It makes all the right noise but no cooling whatsoever. The compressor is hot to touch (if this helps!) Can anyone help or is it new fridge time (this one is only a couple of years old). Thanks

Electrocoolman
19-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Hi, had not heard of this 'brand' but searching on google one or two sites seem to suggest that these might have a 2 yr warranty (?) so checking your receipt might be worthwhile.

The compressor is getting power (as its hot to the touch). However it might not be running....is there any noise / vibration.
It might be clicking (thermal overload) every so often, or making a loud buzz every now and then.
If this is the case, its probably the starting relay / device.
Try unplugging and let the compressor cool down ....overnight for example.
Then before you plug it back in, try knocking the 'electrical box' on the side of the compressor sharply. Then plug it back in.
No guarantee that this will work but it might free the relay if it is stuck.

Failing that you would have to get an engineer in if you consider it worth it.
They will be able to check things out better. At worse it might mean a new compressor, and generally thats a new fridge on economics.

Has the compressor got any manufacturer's numbers on the side?...from which it will be possible to narrow things down.

susannah
20-07-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks you for your reply xx
Right, I hit the box with a hammer - fridge now makes a different noise but is still warm.
Before the hammer hitting there was a sort of crackling noise coming from the fridge as well as the normal hum - now I have the hum and the sound of running liquid in the back. The compressor has the following on it: QDHC51G
I presume I'm going to have to buy a new fridge now?

thebigcheese
21-07-2009, 03:06 PM
is it on r600? a few coolzone units i have seen have filled the condender with oil given u the running or dripping water sound