PDA

View Full Version : pipe freezing after the TEV

nassrifi
17-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi all , I have a water chiller ( YORK made ) and I have changed the TEV but I faced a freezing pipe after the new TEV when the Copm. goes on 100% load. when I run the Comp. on 50% load , all parameters are fine and within limite.

any Ideas to help me out

I'll be great full

Rifi

taz24
17-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Hi all , I have a water chiller ( YORK made ) and I have changed the TEV but I faced a freezing pipe after the new TEV when the Copm. goes on 100% load. when I run the Comp. on 50% load , all parameters are fine and within limite.

any Ideas to help me out

I'll be great full

Rifi

Hello Rifi.

When the comp is on 100% it will be pulling a lower suction (evaporator) pressure, at 50% load the evap pressure will be higher. The temp of the refrigerant in the evap will change with the pressure.

You need to give more information.

Why did you change the TEV?
Did you change like for like?
Did you fit the same size orrifice?

The pipe from the TEV to the evap may freeze if the evap pressure / temp is low enough, the only thingthat has changed is the TEV so there must be somthing different there.

Thanks taz.

Magoo
18-07-2009, 12:56 AM
Have you checked super heat of TEV. Has the water flow rate changed from design, with low water rate and at 100% duty, the suction drop will possibly form ice at TEV and you risk a freeze up and busting a tube.
magoo

Magoo
18-07-2009, 01:31 AM
If chiller is not tripping on anti-freeze stat in leaving water, but suction pressure at compressor is lower than say -3>4 'C SST., at 100 % duty. Then the orifice size is too small, which figures if all fine at 50% duty. Go back to manual that comes with package and re-check orifice assembly number for that package.

nassrifi
28-07-2009, 08:34 PM
thx for your replay
as for more information, I am collecting them right now
but before that I have to try to re vacuum the system again for I think that there might be a ice bubble occurring at the TEV orifice

let me try and come back to you

thankx again for your immediate replay

regards

Rifi

Gary
28-07-2009, 08:40 PM

So... what makes you think there is a problem?

Gary
28-07-2009, 08:41 PM
thx for your replay
as for more information, I am collecting them right now
but before that I have to try to re vacuum the system again for I think that there might be a ice bubble occurring at the TEV orifice

So... what makes you think there might be an ice bubble?

Gary
28-07-2009, 09:06 PM
So far you seem to be saying that everything is working fine... but you are somehow offended by the sight of frost on the line leaving the TXV.

Cover the line with insulation and you won't see the frost anymore...

or is there an actual problem with the system's operation that you haven't mentioned yet?