PDA

View Full Version : Daikin fan prob

Andy AC
15-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Hello guys, got a problem with a daikin condenser fan blade. Machine is a 7kw inverter cassette system, 6 months old, don't have details handy. Anyway problem is the condenser fan blade is fouling on the left hand side, against the plastic inner cowling. I went out to it about a month ago and tightened the motor screws up which cured the problem, but still only left 1-2mm clearance on the left hand side of the fan - seemed a bit too close. On the right hand side of the fan there is lots of clearance - a good half inch plus.
The motor bracket must be in the right place as it should be screwed to the coil through the lid? correct me if I am wrong.
Has any body else had this problem? I have to go back to it later this week for the same problem. Or should I just hack some of the plastic inner cowl away.

Andy

Brian_UK
15-07-2009, 11:16 PM
Is the case actually 'square'?

Maybe the thing has been 'nudged' recently pushing the frame out of shape.

The Viking
16-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Now that's funny.
I had exactly the same problem last week!

The customer called and said that the system lost performance and now didn't cope with the load.

After 10hrs driving up to Scotland this is what I found:

http://i26.tinypic.com/14oc6ro.jpg

They just "forgot" to tell us that it been hit by a lorry.
The "shelf"/bracket the unit should be standing on is made of 2mm plate!

fridgemandan
31-07-2009, 09:37 PM
someone appears to have re designed that cage lol

The Viking
31-07-2009, 10:34 PM
It won the "slimmer of the week" award.

The unit managed to slim a whole inch of it's width at the lower fan...

back2space
01-08-2009, 04:17 AM
It won the "slimmer of the week" award.

The unit managed to slim a whole inch of it's width at the lower fan...

Whatwas the reason for the drop in performance? I can see the front casing has been damaged but did this cause the fan to stop operating or had the unit lost refridgerant as well?

marc5180
01-08-2009, 10:24 AM
I'd imagine because the bracket was snapped off, the condensor tilted making it out of shape meaning the fan would be catching on the cowel and unit tripping on HP?

back2space
07-08-2009, 04:18 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm