PDA

View Full Version : Pressure testing with R22D ?.

stephengrenfell
13-07-2009, 05:23 PM
Hi,

I want to moving two units on Diakin tri-split system containing R22d gas. This is how I plan to do it :

1) Run new pipes to new location keeping ends covered to stop moisture entry (already done)

2) Recover the gas into outside unit. Run sytem in cold mode for few minutes, then close liquid valve and when pressure drops to zero close gas valve and shut off sytem.

3) Disconnect existing piping and move units.

4) Connect new pipes to internal units and external unit. Connections made with hand flare tool not brazed.

5) Pressure test system by filling with gas and leave overnight to see if pressure drops. I have a spare 1KG bottle of R22d - can I use this or must I use Argon / Nitrogen ?.

6) Vac sytem and leave for few hours to see if pressure increases.

7) Open valves. Liquid side first ?.

8) Switch on

Does this sound reasonable ?.
Is there anything missing ?.
Can I pressure test using some spare R22d and then vac system - or must I use Nitrogen/Argon ?
The pressure guage I have has several scales for the different gases - why is this ?.

thanks

Quality
13-07-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi,

5) Pressure test system by filling with gas and leave overnight to see if pressure drops. I have a spare 1KG bottle of R22d - can I use this or must I use Argon / Nitrogen ?.

Can I pressure test using some spare R22d and then vac system - or must I use Nitrogen/Argon ?
The pressure guage I have has several scales for the different gases - why is this ?.

thanks

at least 5 points in your post leave me thinking that you really should not be taking this job on board

stephengrenfell
13-07-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi,

I want to moving two units on Diakin tri-split system containing R22d gas. This is how I plan to do it :

1) Run new pipes to new location keeping ends covered to stop moisture entry (already done)

2) Recover the gas into outside unit. Run sytem in cold mode for few minutes, then close liquid valve and when pressure drops to zero close gas valve and shut off sytem.

3) Disconnect existing piping and move units.

4) Connect new pipes to internal units and external unit. Connections made with hand flare tool not brazed.

7) Open valves. Liquid side first ?.

8) Switch on

thanks

the last line of my post sounds a bit daft. What I meant was why does the pressure guage have different zero point for the different gases (for example zero on the R22d scale is at about 4 on the bar scale.

Thanks

sedgy
13-07-2009, 05:57 PM
6 rasons why you should not be doing this work

Brian_UK
13-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Sir, you will be breaking EU Law, contact an air conditioning company to do the work safely/legally.

Do NOT use refrigerant for pressure testing.