PDA

View Full Version : Add Refrigerant R407C

elcostis
12-07-2009, 10:08 PM
Hi to everyone.
Can someone please tell me how to use a manifold gauge to add ***** R407C to a ductless split unit air conditioner?

Brian_UK
12-07-2009, 10:12 PM
No .

aircon rep tec
13-07-2009, 11:40 AM
Hi.

I see you are located in Cyprus,, if you are anywhere near Paphos let me know and i will be more than happy to come and do it for you,, it is not a job to be taken lightly tho, i really would not recommend trying it yourself if you don't know what you are doing,,

regards,

Lee

littleyapper
13-07-2009, 01:47 PM
what happened to nice guy brian ... but your answer was spot on:)

Clk320_Greg
13-07-2009, 02:22 PM
Yes..

Contact your local quallified engineer and ask them to do it.

There is a reason they have not made a mechano refrigeration kit.... ITS NOT A TOY.

Brian_UK
13-07-2009, 11:23 PM
what happened to nice guy brian ... but your answer was spot on:)
Some of us had a bad day...;)

Grizzly
14-07-2009, 06:10 PM
You must be charmed Brian.
Every time I try and be so brutal "the guys!" shoot me down for not being sympathetic!
Good answer all the same!
Grizzly

sinewave
14-07-2009, 06:48 PM
OP

A Milk Bottle and some garden hose will C U right!

(Keep the Milk bottle pointing to Hell!)

:D

elcostis
19-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Finally I added the refrigerant R407C. Not so hard though he liquid side by using a 20 dollar manifold gauge.
Thanks for the help guys!

Makeit go Right
26-07-2009, 01:45 AM
Finally I added the refrigerant R407C. Not so hard though he liquid side by using a 20 dollar manifold gauge.
Thanks for the help guys!

They were giving you good advice, though.

Quite apart from the potential self damage you can do to yourself with this kind of DIY, there are other issues:

Why you would need to add refrigerant suggests a leak, which would need checking and repair, pressure test and, normally not a top-up but a new charge.

How much to add? Well there is another question....too much is bad, so is too little.

A DIY top-up probably means some air in the system too, now, so you can expect some difficulties with the system.

You may feel like you have save a chunk of money but I suspect it was wasted money as you most likely will still need a qualified engineer on site to fix the system up properly. Suggest you contact aircon rep tec (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/member.php?u=27532) for an early visit.