PDA

View Full Version : Front seating service valves

WaterholeWally
12-07-2009, 02:27 PM
G'day,

I've seen references to front seating service valves having O-rings. I thought they were just mechanical, metal to metal. I've come across a few leakers, but able to tighten and repair. Also, I came across one that I couldn't get my gauge hose on, because it was too close to other tube. I literally ground-off part of my knurled nut and was successful. All in a day. Please, respond.

Wally

taz24
12-07-2009, 09:36 PM
G'day,

I've seen references to front seating service valves having O-rings. I thought they were just mechanical, metal to metal. I've come across a few leakers, but able to tighten and repair. Also, I came across one that I couldn't get my gauge hose on, because it was too close to other tube. I literally ground-off part of my knurled nut and was successful. All in a day. Please, respond.

Wally

Hi Wally.

The majority of service valves I have come across have a gland seal that is tightend around the stem to seal it.
You can slacken the gland off and tighten it up to seal the stem to the body. I have never come across O ring seals or metal on metal. I'm not saying that they don't excist but I do not recall ever seeing anything other than the gland seal type.

taz.