PDA

View Full Version : soaked turbocor

termod
11-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi everyone!
Here I am with a punctured shell and tube evap. and consequently a soaked turbocor. We`ve been informed it`s probably beyond rescue. (They tell us it`s the first ever turbocor to have been submitted to glycol, which I might find a bit unlikely).
They also tell us that disassembling beyond removing end covers is not possible. We obviously would like to take it apart for cleaning and drying.
Anyone with any experience of this?

I would also like to thank the members of this forum for mantaining a friendly atmosphere. This is my first post, but I`ve had great benefit from just reading various contributions.

Many thanks in advance!

Tesla
11-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Hi termod
Many moons ago I had an R11 centrif fill up with water from a burst tube. Clean up was done with acid wash on heat exchangers and solvent (elbo grease) on compressor. At the end of the day it was not put back together because nobody would gaurentee the chiller - after several months the chiller was replaced.

termod
12-07-2009, 07:19 AM
Hi Tesla
We`ve cleaned the rest of the system with alcohol, but we really dont know what to do with the compressor. Considering the price they probably want us to give it a try to get it up and running. But as you mention; nobody will guarantee anything. Thanks for your reply.

rustyfishhook
26-04-2010, 05:21 PM
termod,
What was the end of the story?

snavely1
03-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Turbocor compressors can be pulled apart and fixed. I have done so myself. They are not as mysterious as some would have you believe.