PDA

View Full Version : USF(under voltage) on Altivar 31

tehseen_r
09-07-2009, 05:08 PM
Dear All,
its my first post towards you people.

i have an inverter Altivar 31 by Telemecanique (a brand of Schneider Electric) installed in my chiller.

it was running fine , but now it appears with USF fault on screen.:confused:

i have concern its manual for the remedy, according to it three possible cause :

1) Line supply too low
2)Transient voltage drop
3)damaged load resistor.

i have check it..the line voltages are 380VAC and the parameter defined is also 380VAC (in parameter UnS)
Reset the power alot of time.. but USF cannot dissapear, kindly suggest something to rectify it and whats the reason for this error.

thanks in advance.

fowlie
09-07-2009, 11:06 PM
dont know if this is much use but i had an emerson one with the same fault displaying after a power cut,was told by emerson that the fault is something internal in the inverter and to take it out and send it back for repair.as everything is internal in these best bet wuld be to give the telemecanique tech support a phone and se what they think

Brian_UK
09-07-2009, 11:10 PM
A quick read of the manual shows your three faults also.

If 1 = OK
and 2 = OK
then result = 3 = replace drive unit.

tehseen_r
10-07-2009, 05:09 AM
Thank you Brian ,
can you suggest me the reason, so that we can avoid this in future .

A quick read of the manual shows your three faults also.

If 1 = OK
and 2 = OK
then result = 3 = replace drive unit.

Brian_UK
10-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Sorry, no.

You would need to get advice from the manufacturer.

ktmtragic
04-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Have you checked the cooling fans?? There are normally 1 or 2 mounted on the bottom if these are not working the Altivar gives crazy faults and falls on it's Altivarze

goshen
24-08-2009, 05:54 PM
hi recommend installing a line choke to eliminate surges telemechanique seem 2 be sensitive to thes power problemes