PDA

View Full Version : fisher and paykel

paul_h
09-07-2009, 04:47 AM
Anyone familiar with these?
I had one iced up and the owner took the covers off and played around trying to defrost it. So I've got to put everything back where it should be, but I'm not 100% sure about it.
What I'm worried about the the white thermistor.
I've found a parts manual, but that only shows the black freezer temp themistor, but this fridge has two thermistors n the freezer, so where does the 2nd white thermistor go? I'm guessing it's a coil thermistor, but it should have been cable tied or had a little clip to go it which I can't see.
model is 521BT

paul_h
10-07-2009, 01:45 PM
No one knows anything about F&P?

kiwireeferman
20-07-2009, 07:28 AM
Hi Paul, the black thermistor slots into the chassis above the coil. The white sensor is located through the hole in the coil cover and sits into the small dish so that it reads air temperature.
If the coil is icing it could be due to the chassis. There is an alloy sheet that transfers heat to the back of the chassis, if this is not located correctly it can short circuit airflow. another reason could be the plastic deflectors fitted to the side of the evaporator coil, if these are not fitted or incorrect the airflow will bypass the coil.
Most failures with the active smart are fan motors (early ones were crap) chassis problems, and element failures.

Can you tell me how to force a defrost on a samsung side by side (SRS615DP)

Hope this helps
Russell

paul_h
20-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Hold down the quick freeze and refrigerator temp button for 8 sec until the display goes blank
Press the refrigerator button once more for fridge coil defrost, and another time again for freezer defrost.

kiwireeferman
20-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks very much!

Magoo
21-07-2009, 06:08 AM
F& P moving off shore for lower labour rates, and closing a plant in the US.
Bunch of RRz holes. Wolf Fisher and Paykel would spin in their graves. An icon NZ company. Not now though, seems Heier have been looking to buy in to the action. and redunding thousands of people, in NZ and AUSTRALIA.

kiwireeferman
21-07-2009, 12:44 PM
In my opinion, no longer a very ethical company.
I guess this is the way of business nowdays.
As you say Wolf Fisher would be turning in his grave.
I can remember going to a product release where that prick Gary Paykel stood in front to tell us ( service providers) the company would not be where it was without our outstanding support.
They used us to create good will and as soon as it suited them we all got shafted.
Absolute assh*les, I hope Haier gobbles them up and spits them out.